Killian Hill Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Recognized as the sixth best private high school in Georgia in 2015. Killian Hill Christian School has been serving Gwinnett County, Georgia since 1972 as a ministry of Killian Hill Baptist Church.
- Parents have found Killian Hill offers an educational environment that is comprehensive and facilitated by experienced administrators and faculty who have a desire to educate the whole child.
- As one of the Atlanta-area`s leading private schools, Killian Hill provides a 21-century, relevant, and personally dynamic education experience for your child.
- This results in exceptional preparation for the student`s college career and life experiences.
- Our priorities include the pursuit of individual and corporate spiritual vitality consistent with sound Biblical instruction and academic rigor, scholarship, and achievement.
- This life preparedness is balanced with quality fine arts and athletic programs in a small school environment.
- Strong relationships that have been fostered between our teachers and students have successfully prepared our graduates for their post-high school careers.
- We encourage you to visit Killian Hill Christian School and see how your child can become part of our continued success story.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Georgia Association of Christian Schools
Georgia Private School Accreditation Council (GAPSAC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||409 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Composition, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants, khaki shorts in elementary.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies between Kindergarten, Lower School and Upper School|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jenée Baker|
|Admissions Associate||Marcia Tewes|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Buddies, Chess, Coding, Debate, Quiz Bowl Team, Robotics, Service
Arts and Music Programs:
Band/Orchestra, Chorus, Drama, Piano, Speech
- Killian Hill Christian School, one of Gwinnett county`s first Christian schools, has been serving our community as an outreach of Killian Hill Baptist Church since 1972. From our humble beginnings as a preschool to our current state as a fully accredited K-12 college-preparatory school servicing hundreds of students on a beautiful campus, our mission has remained the same-"to assist parents in their God-given responsibility of educating their young people."
- Our unique education begins with the solid foundation of a biblical worldview on which a stable framework of academic excellence is built. Balanced fine arts and athletic programs for our students complement our focus on proper self-discipline and worthy character. All of this "construction" is done by the loving hands of our credentialed, caring, and Christ-honoring faculty and staff.
- We encourage you to investigate us further through an Open House visit. You will see that Training Scholars, Making Disciples, and Graduating Leaders is more than just a motto; it is something we strive to accomplish every day for God`s glory and your child`s individual achievement. We are excited to announce our new K4 program started August 2017! We truly hope you will choose to be a part of the Killian Hill family this year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lilburn Grades: K-8 | 78 students
4875 Lilburn Stone Mountain Road Sw
Lilburn, GA 30047
(770)279-8702 1.3 K-8
Social distance in full force due to COVID-19, many are in panic mode clearing shelves of literally everything in site now that they have cleaned the shelves of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. It is reassuring to see how prepared the school is to move the students to digital learning. Instructions were clear and there was regular communication to the student body and parents. It is in troubled times like this that you learn whether a school is bad, good or excellent by how it respond. KHCS passed with flying colors and as a parent, I am grateful to the dedicated staff who always have my child's best interest in mind. Thank you!!!
- Posted by Parent - Grateful
Our daughter is in her second year at KHCS (high school) and absolutely loves it. Prior to Killian Hill, she never looked forward to school and was generally miserable. She has openly expressed how happy she is there, how much she loves the staff, and how she honestly looks forward to being there each day. What an amazing difference they have made in her life! She has developed friendships with students and staff that I don't believe would have happened at the public school. As parents, we have had nothing but positive experiences with KHCS. If you are looking for a small class environment that offers sincere caring for your child, please go take a tour. You won't regret it.
- Posted by Parent - Brian
I have had 3 children graduate from Killian Hill. They received an outstanding education--college was easy after attending Killian Hill. We loved all the opportunities for different activities--from drama (competing on a national level),sports, choirs, discipleship. They truly wanted them to be a complete person. I think the Biblical worldview emphasis was evident through every grade and every subject. They were challenged to think things through and not be swayed by anyone else. It is a unique place.
- Posted by Parent - jdaws
I knew Killian Hill was where God wanted us to place our Daughter from the first day we visited. Parents stopped us in the halls on this first visit to tell us what a good school it was and to express how their kids loved it. We were also impressed with it Fundamental Christian beliefs, well rounded curriculum, and high academic standards. Our daughter has continued to do well academically and loves school. I am happy to say we are now one of those parents who would stop visitor in the hall to give a testimonial on the school, and to encourage friends and those we hear of who are searching for a school to try Killian Hill Christian School. May God continue to Bless and use the school and the Church from which it started.
- Posted by Parent - nande
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.