Gerard Preparatory School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Students have art classes daily as part of their complete educational program. Art expands imagination, supports fine motor development, and promotes individual involvement in the learning process.
For over three decades Gerard has offered a very comprehensive Theater Arts program with students invited and involved from Kindergarten to Seniors. Students learn lines, staging, songs and dance routines. They work as a team supporting each other.. There is SO much to be learned through theater that it continues to be a main stay in our curriculum.
Off Site Education: We believe that immersion in the 360Perspective provides some of the most significant educational memories our students will have. With chaperones overseeing, students are responsible for their rooms, their clothing, even cleaning the dining hall. The focus of each trip looks like history or science, but the core of the trip is personal confidence building.
Our Mission is Their Success! Our small home style environment allows students to grow secure and feel confident of their surroundings. This level of nurturing supports their full inclusion in every area of their school experience.
Growing from Pre-Kindergarten to being a senior in High School takes a lot of days and even more determination, but at Gerard, we know they can make the journey with confidence! We have had 100% success with our senior graduates, and many more to come. They are worth every minute invested!
Our classes in Primary levels focus on Language (reading, spelling, writing) and a strong foundation in math. However, we place balanced emphasis on organizational skills; building successful learning habits essential for life long success. Students also have art and music every single day!
Education that reaches the whole student has to include a full and complete learning experiences. That means along with academics, they have time for music, theater, art, and of course, time outside to play. This develops them mind, body and spirit. At Gerard we are not only interested in what they know, we are investing in who they are.
- GERARD uses collabrative/interactive stradgies called the 360Degree Approach to Education. It combines 30 years of applied brain based research, best teaching practices with applied Learning Styles and Educatonal physcology to impliment customized programs for our students. Gerard's inclusive integrated classes benefit students who require focused learning groups, structure and organization and a balance of creativity and academics.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Need + Math or Language support|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(See our website for dress code guidelines)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||GPS offers Educational Scholarships and multi-sibling discounts to those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Sinclair|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyArchery, Basketball,|
Intramural Sports Only
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Cheerleading, Fine Arts, Music/Choi
- 10/1 Ratio in Pre-School-3rd grade/ (2-4 per focus group in Language & Math workshops)
- 12/1 Ration 4th-12th grade (4-5 per focus group in Language & Math workshops)
- The 360 Degree Approach is a student-centered, hands-on approach to education for maximum student involvement and motivation
- Fully Accredited with Quality K-12th grade with GAC
- All teaching staff have a min of Bachlors degree, most with Masters, and are trained in Orton Gillingham and the 360 Approach to Education
- Gerard Prep was founded in 1989 as a Christian School for Diverse learners. In 2010 we attained full High School Accrediation. Since that time we have had 100% senior graduation rate AND 100% college entrance rate! Our students are MARVELOUS!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LilburnGrades: PK-12 | 386 students
151 Arcado Road SW
Lilburn, GA 30047
- LawrencevilleGrades: PK-8 | 161 students
1612 Collins Hill Road
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
- LilburnGrades: K-12 | 701 students
4575 Lawrenceville Hwy
Lilburn, GA 30047
- BufordGrades: PK-12 | 178 students
4118 Old Suwanee Rd
Buford, GA 30518
- DaculaGrades: K-12 | 945 students
Po Box 1028
Dacula, GA 30019
Gerard is AMAZING Christian academy for students who have so many talents. If you're looking Pre-K / Kindergarten program go to Gerard ! The class ratio goes up to 10 students! The teachers are GREAT! Each teacher works one-on-one with each student individually at their own level to progress in their work throughout the year. The principal and the teachers are SUPER NICE ALWAYS WELCOMING EACH STUDENT AND FAMILY INTO THE BUILDING AND MAKING SURE PRODUCTIVE LEARNING IS CONTINUING THROUGHOUT THE YEAR! If you're looking for AMAZING CHRISTIAN SCHOOL GO TO GERARD!
- Posted by Parent - sclph
My grand children have been at this school for the past 9 years. I have seen them remain motivated academically, but even more so, they have remained "good kids." They are not trying to keep up with the current trends, or acting above their ages, they are true kids. They still like to be with family and spend more time talking to us, then texting to others. As a grand dad, it makes me say, this school is doing great things!
- Posted by Parent - djsin
The teachers at this school really care about the students. I like that they encourage my child to learn in different ways; not just in a text book, but a lot of group and hands on activities. Also, the school has a "family style" community; it is nice to feel like we matter.
- Posted by Parent - mclmr
Both the low ratios and high standards of this school make it an excellent choice for families looking for school that goes beyond the textbooks. GPS is a teaching/mentoring school that invests in every student for their lifetime. It is really a school of excellence!
- Posted by Administrator - jgsin
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.