- Providence Christian Academy was founded in 1998 as a ministry of Providence Bible Church.
- In 2011, Providence Bible Church merged with Central Baptist Church and is now a ministry of Central.
- PCA's mission is to provide excellent Bible-centered, individualized academic training to young people to enable and equip them to receive God's blessings upon their lives.
- Students and staff alike are excited about extensive building remodeling completed this summer which has allowed the school to accept more students.
- The renovations expanded classroom spaces and equipped the main learning center with new carpet, new lights, opening up new student office areas.
- PCA is proud to announce that their high school students not only won dozens of awards at Regional Convention, they received the prestigious "Christian Character Award" for their school over 15 other schools at a week of competition at Norman Park, GA. As a result, they were selected to carry the regional banner at the opening ceremonies of the International Convention competitions held in Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- They came away with dozens of medals and many new friends made that week.
- Most cherished awards were the first-place Preaching Awards and Bible Memory Awards.
- If there is one indicator of whether students like the school and staff, it is the fact that the same students want to return to our school year after year.
- Most graduating seniors have been with our school an average of three years, which means some of them have been with our school for six or more years.
- Our school is like the old-fashioned one-room school houses that made our nation great.
- Our students are all on individualized programs designed to meet the needs of each individual student.
- Students who need additional help have access to two hours or more of private tutoring each week.
- The uniquely-designed Accelerated Christian Education program allows staff to meet the needs of every child whether learning disabled of gifted.
- The test of a Christian school, however, is the success of the graduates.
- Ask us about our graduates; we are immensely proud of each one and their achievements.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Other religious school association(s)
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||McKay Scholarship Students|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Polo shirt w/ school logo and khaki pants or skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available through StepUpforStudents.org and floridaschoolchoice.org.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,886|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Phyllis Dechant|
|Admissions Associate||Tiffany Folsom|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Accelerated Christian Education International Convention, Accelerated Christian Education Regional Convention, Basketball Tournaments, Skits, special music, speech presentations for parent night programs., Volleyball Tournaments Accelerated Christian Education International Convention,
Accelerated Christian Education Regional Convention,
Skits, special music, speech presentations for parent night programs.,
- PCA has international recognition and designated as a "Model School".
- Grades K-12
- School of Tomorrow, Bible-based curriculum
- Small pupil-to-staff ratio (8 to 1) 180-day calendar Individualized instruction designed to meet the needs of each child whether gifted or learning-disabled Computer lab with software to enhance reading, math, typing, computer technology and keyboarding skills Video instruction featuring master teachers Well-rounded sports program Music, speech and art programs Honors (Bright Futures), college-prep, general diploma, and vocational opportunities Scholarship opportunities: McKay (for students with learning disabilities), and Step Up for Students (SUFS) for low-income families, and PCA scholarships Transportation available PCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national or ethnic origin. Please contact Phyllis Dechant, Admissions Director; Principal Aaron Clark; or Senior Pastor Stephen Folsom at Providence Christian Academy, 710 Shadeville Road, Crawfordville, FL 32327-2404, (850) 926-2456 or 926-1326, email@example.com, www.providencepatriots.org firstname.lastname@example.org, www.wakulla.com, www.greatschools.net, www.stepupforstudents.org, www.greatschools.net, or www.floridaschoolchoice.org.
People that viewed Providence Christian Academy also viewed these schools: John Paul Ii Catholic High School.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.