- Holy Names is different from other schools! We deliver excellence in academics, emphasize faith, leadership and respect and prepare girls for the world! At AHN, small classes and a superb faculty make learning a positive, rewarding experience every day.
- Respect and encouragement motivate students to do their best. At Holy Names, education is more than just a list of courses, it`s an experience that develops the "whole" person through a curriculum that includes faith formation, service to others, and special programs that allow students to develop their unique talents and interests. At Holy Names, her potential is our passion!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See the ahns.org for current tuition details.|
|Admissions Director||Ann Rento|
|Admissions Associate||Catherine Insero|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassadors Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Forensics, Future City, Literary Journal, Mock Trial, Musicals, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Pep Club, Service Club, Ski Club, Student Council, Yearbook Drama Club, Forensics, Future City, Mock Trial, Musicals, Newspaper, Pep Club, Service Club, Ski Club, Yearbook, Ambassadors Club,
National Honor Society,
Founded in 1884, Academy of the Holy Names is a Catholic school with a college-preparatory program for girls in grades 6 to12.The school is unique in its ability to provide excellent academic and enrichment opportunities within a positive and caring environment.
- Holy Names offers small classes and a challenging course of studies that includes A.P. classes, a science research program, University in High School, service opportunities, an extensive college guidance curriculum and individual advisers for each student.
- Holy Names is also well known for its competitive sports teams that include its highly successful track team, plus soccer, volleyball, tennis and more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlbanyGrades: PK-12 | 335 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 20 students
1351 Sprinkle Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32211
LathamGrades: PK-12 | 255 students
374 Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12211
LoudonvilleGrades: PK-8 | 677 students
75 Upper Loudon Rd
Loudonville, NY 12211
TroyGrades: 7-12 | 509 students
625 7th Ave
Troy, NY 12182
Good leadership and great perseverance teaching to any child.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - aj176
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.