Academy of the Holy Names
5.00 (4 reviews)
Academy of the Holy Names Photo #2 - Academy of the Holy Names, Albany NY, where her potential is our passion.
Academy of the Holy Names Photo #3 - Academy of the Holy Names, Albany NY, where her voice is heard!
- Holy Names is different from other schools. We deliver excellence in academics, emphasize faith, leadership and respect and prepare girls for the world. At AHN, small classes and a superb faculty make learning a positive, rewarding experience every day.
- Respect and encouragement motivate students to do their best.
- At Holy Names, education is more than just a list of courses, it`s an experience that develops the "whole" person through a curriculum that includes faith formation, service to others, and special programs that allow students to develop their unique talents and interests. At Holy Names, her potential is our passion!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See www.ahns.org for current tuition details.|
|Admissions Director||Ann Rento|
|Admissions Associate||Catherine Insero|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassadors Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Forensics, Future City, Literary Journal, Mock Trial, Musicals, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Pep Club, Service Club, Ski Club, Student Council, Yearbook|
Founded in 1884, Academy of the Holy Names is a Catholic school with a college-preparatory program for girls in grades 6 to12.The school is unique in its ability to provide excellent academic and enrichment opportunities within a positive and caring environment.
- Holy Names offers small classes and a challenging course of studies that includes A.P. classes, a science research program, University in High School, service opportunities, an extensive college guidance curriculum and individual advisers for each student.
- Holy Names is also well known for its competitive sports teams that include its highly successful track team, plus soccer, volleyball, tennis and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: NS-12 | 361 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
(518)429-2300 2.6 NS-12
- Albany Grades: PK-8 | 542 students
75 Upper Loudon Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518)465-4539 5 PK-8
- Albany Grades: 9-12 | 114 students
99 Slingerland Street
Albany, NY 12202
(518)463-2247 3.3 9-12
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
374 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211
(518)434-6051 5.4 PK-12
The Academy of the Holy Names has offered my daughter a structured, safe and challenging environment for learning. The teachers work very hard at making sure the students work to their full potential. They definitely recognize each girl's gifts and individual needs, and the teachers and staff are both professional and caring.
- Posted by Parent - Mary G
This school will teach your daughter to walk with her head high and great self-confidence. The girls are taught to honor them selves as well as others work hard and persevere. They have a fantastic science research program for a motivated girl who wants to prove herself and science. These girls go to top break colleges due to the background they`ve received at holy names
- Posted by Parent - Mom
This is an excellent school where girls learn to be confident leaders. They combine great academics with lots of strong activities and always focus on inclusion, kindness and acceptance.
- Posted by Parent - Ann M
Good leadership and great perseverance teaching to any child.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - aj176
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.