Mater Christi School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (518) 489-3111
- From our family atmosphere, which is welcoming and homelike, toour student-centered focus on education, Mater Christi instills astrong sense of community in each of our scholars.
- Strong academicsand faith formation programs support the curriculum, while positiveand productive relationships are developed among students and ourdedicated staff.
- With so much going on, there are plenty ofopportunities for parental involvement.Mater Christi, formerlyknown as St. Catherine of Siena School, has a very active serviceand leadership-oriented Student Council.
- We offer Accelerated Mathand Science for middle school, as well as Regents IntegratedAlgebra and Living Environment for grade 8.
- Our school utilizesSmartboard technology in all core classrooms and we engage studentsin learning Spanish from Pre-K through grade 8.
- Studentsfour-years-old through grade 8 can also participate in our afterschool programs.We proudly award recognition and scholarships forthe 5 C`s (courage, compassion, consideration, courtesy andcommunity).
- And fun continues after the school day with programslike tennis, Mad Science, piano, band, and drama club.
- Studentsalso learn outside of the classroom on field trips to places likeNature`s Classroom, Boston and Fort William Henry.
- We also offer inschool assemblies like Sky Dome and Chemistry Magic.At MaterChristi an academic education founded in values and growth ofindividual gifts flourish in each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Mater Christi School is pleased and proud to share with you themany wonderful facets of our school community. Visitors toour school consistently remark on the warm and welcoming atmospherethat immediately greets them and continues to mark their experienceat our school. Dedication and caring are hallmarks of thefaculty and staff.In this environment, a strong academiceducation, religious foundation, and development of individualgifts flourish in each student. Sr. Margaret Mancuso, amember of the Middle States Visiting Team, wrote: "Your faith andyour community spirit come through in all you do. Classroomsare alive with learning! The integration of faith andlearning was so evident."Mater Christi School, guided by theteachings of Jesus, is dedicated to the development ofSpirituality, Community and Scholarship. We seek to enhance eachchild`s God-given gifts,so that they may use those talents forservice to God and others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: NS-8 | 201 students
10 Rosemont St
Albany, NY 12203
(518) 438-0066 1.1 NS-8
- Albany Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
605 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
(518) 438-5854 2 PK-8
- Albany Grades: K-8 | 28 students
8 Elm St
Albany, NY 12202
(518) 434-3072 3 K-8
Excellent. 5 STAR EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENT!!!! I wish I had time to write more. The education and staff are wonderful. This is a special school. The office is extremely organized and the principal is one of the best in the region. The classrooms are controlled and efficient...A terrific learning environment. It is truly a unique and special school in every way. It's no wonder they have created a fantastic environment for children in which to grow and learn. They have produced many successful youth. I never had a complaint. My children never had a complaint. They loved the school and have great memories. This is one of the few schools that deserves a 5 star rating in every category.
- Posted by Parent - nyboo
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.