Mater Christi School
5.00 (1 review)
- From our family atmosphere, which is welcoming and homelike, to our student-centered focus on education, Mater Christi instills a strong sense of community in each of our scholars.
- Strong academics and faith formation programs support the curriculum, while positive and productive relationships are developed among students and our dedicated staff.
- With so much going on, there are plenty of opportunities for parental involvement.Mater Christi, formerly known as St. Catherine of Siena School, has a very active service and leadership-oriented Student Council.
- We offer Accelerated Math and Science for middle school, as well as Regents Integrated Algebra and Living Environment for grade 8.
- Our school utilizes Smartboard technology in all core classrooms and we engage students in learning Spanish from Pre-K through grade 8.
- Students four-years-old through grade 8 can also participate in our after school programs.We proudly award recognition and scholarships for the 5 C’s (courage, compassion, consideration, courtesy and community).
- And fun continues after the school day with programs like tennis, Mad Science, piano, band, and drama club.
- Students also learn outside of the classroom on field trips to places like Nature’s Classroom, Boston and Fort William Henry.
- We also offer in school assemblies like Sky Dome and Chemistry Magic.At Mater Christi an academic education founded in values and growth of individual gifts flourish in each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||208 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Mater Christi School is pleased and proud to share with you the many wonderful facets of our school community. Visitors to our school consistently remark on the warm and welcoming atmosphere that immediately greets them and continues to mark their experience at our school. Dedication and caring are hallmarks of the faculty and staff. In this environment, a strong academic education, religious foundation, and development of individual gifts flourish in each student. Sr. Margaret Mancuso, a member of the Middle States Visiting Team, wrote: “Your faith and your community spirit come through in all you do. Classrooms are alive with learning! The integration of faith and learning was so evident.” Mater Christi School, guided by the teachings of Jesus, is dedicated to the development of Spirituality, Community and Scholarship. We seek to enhance each child’s God-given gifts,so that they may use those talents for service to God and others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlbanyGrades: NS-8 | 201 students
10 Rosemont St
Albany, NY 12203
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 20 students
1351 Sprinkle Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32211
AlbanyGrades: PK-8 | 131 students
63 Mountain View Ave
Albany, NY 12205
AlbanyGrades: 1-12 | 144 students
60 Academy Rd
Albany, NY 12208
AlbanyGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
8 Elm St
Albany, NY 12202
Excellent. 5 STAR EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENT!!!! I wish I had time to write more. The education and staff are wonderful. This is a special school. The office is extremely organized and the principal is one of the best in the region. The classrooms are controlled and efficient...A terrific learning environment. It is truly a unique and special school in every way. It's no wonder they have created a fantastic environment for children in which to grow and learn. They have produced many successful youth. I never had a complaint. My children never had a complaint. They loved the school and have great memories. This is one of the few schools that deserves a 5 star rating in every category.
- Posted by Parent - nyboo
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017