Academy of Thought and Industry
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 8-12
- Students: 41 students
- Yearly Tuition: $34,000
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- ATI nurtures the healthy intellectual and personal development of young people into responsible, capable and ethical adults. Our program includes the best of an academic college-preparatory curriculum, individualized socio-emotional support and a range of creative electives and independent projects to enable students to be passion-driven learners. We offer one on one coaching to each student to help them build greater confidence and self-knowledge, identify and pursue their passions and goals, and receive support to navigate the challenges of adolescence and emerging adulthood.
- Our core classes are:
- (1) Life Design, inspired by Stanford's Designing Your Life course; Y Combinator founder Paul Graham's exhortation to live in the future; Cal Newport's work on Leading a Remarkable Life and Jon Kabat-Zinn's work on stressed teens.
- (2). Socratic Humanities develops a student's ability to analyze complex texts and become a capable writer of analytic essays while exploring the world of ideas via classroom Socratic dialogues, inspired by ATI founder Michael Strong's book, The Habit of Thought.
- (3) Mathematical problem-solving combines a personalized, self-paced math program with the development of broad mathematical problem-solving abilities inspired by Polya's How to Solve It.
Endorse Academy of Thought and Industry. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards