- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: 8-12
- Enrollment: 34 students
- Yearly Tuition: $34,000
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- ATI nurtures the healthy intellectual and personal development of young people into responsible, capable and ethical adults. Our program includes the best of an academic college-preparatory curriculum, individualized socio-emotional support and a range of creative electives and independent projects to enable students to be passion-driven learners. We offer one on one coaching to each student to help them build greater confidence and self-knowledge, identify and pursue their passions and goals, and receive support to navigate the challenges of adolescence and emerging adulthood.
- Our core classes are:
- (1) Life Design, inspired by Stanford'sDesigning Your Lifecourse; Y Combinator founder Paul Graham's exhortation to live in the future; Cal Newport's work on Leading a Remarkable Life and Jon Kabat-Zinn's work on stressed teens.
- (2). Socratic Humanities develops a student's ability to analyze complex texts and become a capable writer of analytic essays while exploring the world of ideas via classroom Socratic dialogues, inspired by ATI founder Michael Strong's book,The Habit of Thought.
- (3) Mathematical problem-solving combines a personalized, self-paced math program with the development of broad mathematical problem-solving abilities inspired by Polya'sHow to Solve It.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Academy Of Thought And Industry cost?
When is the application deadline for Academy Of Thought And Industry?
Endorse Academy Of Thought And Industry. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards