The ACLD SCHOOL is a private, not for profit school for children with learning difficulties in 1st through 8th grades.
ACLD School is a Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship and Autism Scholarship provider.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-8
- Enrollment: 56 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- WHY THE ACLD SCHOOL?
- The ACLD School offers school choice to parents of students experiencing learning problems in the Youngstown community and surrounding areas.This school is designed to offer a specialized program and curriculum for students with learning difficulties.
- The ACLD School is a private, non-profit school. This school is a John Peterson scholarship provider. The Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship (JPSN) gives the parents of children with disabilities the choice to send their child to special education programs other than the one operated by their school district of residence to receive the education and the services outlined in their individualized education program (IEP)
- OUR PROGRAM
- 1. Enrollment:
- The ACLD School Program includes 1st through 8th grade with enrollment of 65 students. Students are enrolled based on documentation of existing learning problems and in accordance with our enrollment procedures established by board policy.
- 2. Student-Teacher Ratio:
- Overall student to teacher ratio will be 12:1, but will vary based on the age, grade and educational needs of the students enrolled. Educational assistants will also help in providing support services and in offering an individualized program for each child. Teachers will be state licensed intervention specialists and regular education teachers . The staff will also include: a Certified Clinical Counselor, Speech and Language Therapist, Art and Physical Education instructors, Occupational Therapist and a Technology Coordinator.
- 3. Curriculum:
- The ACLD School has developed its own curriculum based on the Common Core Standard. All students will also have a an IEP that will identify his or her individual learning needs. The focus of the program will be on the basics of, reading, math and language. Social studies, science, health, physical education and art will be offered to ensure that students receive the required elements for an appropriate and well rounded education.
- The ACLD School believes that all students can learn if they are given the right tools and taught through methods that reflect the way they learn. We believe that through experiencing success, our students will become more successful. By minimizing competition and maximizing cooperation, we will establish a positive and productive learning environment. The ACLD School admits students of any sex, creed, race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, creed, race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and other school-administered programs.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Acld School?
The application deadline for Acld School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Acld School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.