Tel: (330) 746-0604
The ACLD SCHOOL is a private, not for profit school for children with learning difficulties in 1st through 8th grades.
ACLD School is a Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship and Autism Scholarship provider.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- WHY THE ACLD SCHOOL?
- The ACLD School offers school choice to parents of students experiencing learning problems in the Youngstown community and surrounding areas.This school is designed to offer a specialized program and curriculum for students with learning difficulties.
- The ACLD School is a private, non-profit school. This school is a John Peterson scholarship provider. The Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship (JPSN) gives the parents of children with disabilities the choice to send their child to special education programs other than the one operated by their school district of residence to receive the education and the services outlined in their individualized education program (IEP)
- OUR PROGRAM
- 1. Enrollment:
- The ACLD School Program includes 1st through 8th grade with enrollment of 65 students. Students are enrolled based on documentation of existing learning problems and in accordance with our enrollment procedures established by board policy.
- 2. Student-Teacher Ratio:
- Overall student to teacher ratio will be 12:1, but will vary based on the age, grade and educational needs of the students enrolled. Educational assistants will also help in providing support services and in offering an individualized program for each child. Teachers will be state licensed intervention specialists and regular education teachers . The staff will also include: a Certified Clinical Counselor, Speech and Language Therapist, Art and Physical Education instructors, Occupational Therapist and a Technology Coordinator.
- 3. Curriculum:
- The ACLD School has developed its own curriculum based on the Common Core Standard. All students will also have a an IEP that will identify his or her individual learning needs. The focus of the program will be on the basics of, reading, math and language. Social studies, science, health, physical education and art will be offered to ensure that students receive the required elements for an appropriate and well rounded education.
- The ACLD School believes that all students can learn if they are given the right tools and taught through methods that reflect the way they learn. We believe that through experiencing success, our students will become more successful. By minimizing competition and maximizing cooperation, we will establish a positive and productive learning environment. The ACLD School admits students of any sex, creed, race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, creed, race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Grades: NS-12 | 130 students
22001 Fairmount Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44118
(216) 320-8945 52.9 NS-12
- Cleveland Grades: 3-8 | 103 students
2346 West 14th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
(216) 334-2963 60.3 3-8
- Lake Placid Grades: 4-9 | 76 students
4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
(518) 523-9329 403.2 4-9
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.