- Blount Youth Home was established in 1983 as an adolescent residential program.
- Our mission has been to provide a safe, nurturing, structured environment for young men and ages ten to seventeen years old; that require life skills to develop positive self-esteem, positive self-discipline, and leadership as they prepare for successful transition back to their families and communities.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Annie Jackson|
- An adolescent residential program focusing on identifying risk factors and developing treatment modalities which:
- 1) interrupt negative behaviors & diminish negative attitudes
- 2) eliminate substance abuse and/or chemical dependency
- 3) empower age-appropriate developmental & social skills
- 4) contribute to positive role models & values & rewards
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SopertonGrades: 1-11 | 10 students
11151 Ga Highway 15
Soperton, GA 30457
VidaliaGrades: K-12 | 357 students
101 E. 1st St.
Vidalia, GA 30474
VidaliaGrades: 9-12 | 16 students
Po Box 525
Vidalia, GA 30475
LyonsGrades: PK-12 | 464 students
Po Box 227
Lyons, GA 30436
Mount VernonGrades: K | 10 students
1802 N Railroad Ave
Mount Vernon, GA 30445
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.