Alice Blount Academy
Tel: (912) 537-7758
Blount Youth Home was established in 1983 as an adolescent residential program.
Our mission has been to provide a safe, nurturing, structured environment for young men and ages ten to seventeen years old; that require life skills to develop positive self-esteem, positive self-discipline, and leadership as they prepare for successful transition back to their families and communities.
Alice Blount Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Annie Jackson|
- An adolescent residential program focusing on identifying risk factors and developing treatment modalities which:
- 1) interrupt negative behaviors & diminish negative attitudes
- 2) eliminate substance abuse and/or chemical dependency
- 3) empower age-appropriate developmental & social skills
- 4) contribute to positive role models & values & rewards
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: 2-12 | 62 students
4 Oglethorpe Professional Blvd
Savannah, GA 31406
(912) 354-4047 78.5 2-12
- Savannah Grades: 4-11 | 60 students
1150 Cornell Ave.
Savannah, GA 31406
(912) 354-3911 79.3 4-11
- Fort Pierce Grades: K-12 | 37 students
3015 Oleander Blvd
Fort Pierce, FL 34982
(772) 467-1016 349.5 K-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.