Alice Blount Academy
- Blount Youth Home was established in 1983 as an adolescent residential program.
- Our mission has been to provide a safe, nurturing, structured environment for young men and ages ten to seventeen years old; that require life skills to develop positive self-esteem, positive self-discipline, and leadership as they prepare for successful transition back to their families and communities.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Annie Jackson|
- An adolescent residential program focusing on identifying risk factors and developing treatment modalities which:
- 1) interrupt negative behaviors & diminish negative attitudes
- 2) eliminate substance abuse and/or chemical dependency
- 3) empower age-appropriate developmental & social skills
- 4) contribute to positive role models & values & rewards
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SopertonGrades: 1-11 | 10 students
11151 Ga Highway 15
Soperton, GA 30457
- VidaliaGrades: K-12 | 357 students
101 E. 1st St.
Vidalia, GA 30474
- VidaliaGrades: 9-12 | 16 students
Po Box 525
Vidalia, GA 30475
- LyonsGrades: PK-12 | 464 students
Po Box 227
Lyons, GA 30436
- Mount VernonGrades: K | 10 students
1802 N Railroad Ave
Mount Vernon, GA 30445
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.