- "Chatham Academy believes that a student’s self-concept, attitude and past experiences affect the daily learning process of that child.
- Teaching academic skills, appropriate daily behavior and social skills are an important part of the curriculum.
- To teach these skills, daily instruction is on-going and constant.
- The constant review of key ideas and skills are built into the curriculum so that the information is transferred from short to long-term memory at each student's individual level.
- Chatham Academy has designed the classrooms, teaching techniques and curriculum to allow each child to experience academic and social success.
- Students are grouped in classes by age and skill level, which allows the teacher to provide direct instruction throughout the class time rather than strictly independent work.
- A variety of modalities and teaching methods are used in order to sustain a high level of attention and to provide for academic success.
- Each class is structured so that students have clear expectations and are aware of consequences for inappropriate actions.
- Basic class rules are the same throughout the school to provide consistency.
- There are slight variations in consequences based on student age and individual needs.
- Our goals are to teach each student the academic skills appropriate for their level, to accept responsibility for their actions and their learning, and to advocate responsibly for themselves.
- Chatham Academy educates students in grades 1-12 with learning differences.
- Through the use of specialized teaching techniques, small classes and consistent expectations we help students achieve at their potential level.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/skirts and Izod colored shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Basketball, Cheerleading, Computer, Soccer, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: 4-11 | 60 students
1150 Cornell Ave.
Savannah, GA 31406
(912)354-3911 1.1 4-11
- Savannah Grades: K-12 | 33 students
11500 Middleground Road
Savannah, GA 31419
(912)355-9098 2.9 K-12
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 275 students
Savannah, GA 31405
(912)352-4535 1 PK-12