- "Chatham Academy believes that a student’s self-concept, attitude and past experiences affect the daily learning process of that child.
- Teaching academic skills, appropriate daily behavior and social skills are an important part of the curriculum.
- To teach these skills, daily instruction is on-going and constant.
- The constant review of key ideas and skills are built into the curriculum so that the information is transferred from short to long-term memory at each student's individual level.
- Chatham Academy has designed the classrooms, teaching techniques and curriculum to allow each child to experience academic and social success.
- Students are grouped in classes by age and skill level, which allows the teacher to provide direct instruction throughout the class time rather than strictly independent work.
- A variety of modalities and teaching methods are used in order to sustain a high level of attention and to provide for academic success.
- Each class is structured so that students have clear expectations and are aware of consequences for inappropriate actions.
- Basic class rules are the same throughout the school to provide consistency.
- There are slight variations in consequences based on student age and individual needs.
- Our goals are to teach each student the academic skills appropriate for their level, to accept responsibility for their actions and their learning, and to advocate responsibly for themselves.
- Chatham Academy educates students in grades 1-12 with learning differences.
- Through the use of specialized teaching techniques, small classes and consistent expectations we help students achieve at their potential level.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/skirts and Izod colored shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Basketball, Cheerleading, Computer, Soccer, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 117 students
25 W. Oglethorpe Lane
Savannah, GA 31401
(912)238-1222 5.2 PK-12
- Savannah Grades: 4-11 | 60 students
1150 Cornell Ave.
Savannah, GA 31406
(912)354-3911 1.1 4-11
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 267 students
4700 Skidaway Rd
Savannah, GA 31404
(912)352-3067 2.7 PK-12
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 506 students
601 Penn Waller Rd
Savannah, GA 31410
(912)897-4941 8.1 PK-12
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 275 students
Savannah, GA 31405
(912)352-4535 1 PK-12
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.