Hancock Day School
- Hancock Day School was founded in 1953. It is a nonsectarian school composed of pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Hancock Day School has made history by emphasizing the basics in academic instructions while enriching and broadening the student's spiritual, emotional, physical and cultural development.
- Hancock Day School continues to make an impact in the realm of education, adhering to the school motto: "Giving children roots to grow and wings to fly.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2019|
|Total Students||438 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 21|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8,100 to $10,900 depending on grade level|
|Admissions Director||Cindy Drew|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Since 1953, Hancock Day School has been an established independent school with a challenging curriculum for students in prekindergarten through eighth grade. Our rigorous curriculum emphasizes a back-to-basics program emphasizing strong language, reasoning, and critical thinking skills. We offer a full range of specialty areas including visual arts, performing arts, music, and technology. In addition to training the mind we also provide physical education, recess, and after-school athletic offerings to promote a healthy appreciation for athletic skills and social relationships. Our faculty provides a nurturing environment that is based on Judeo-Christian values and reminds students of the importance of personal responsibility, manners, and character.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 275 students
Savannah, GA 31405
(912)352-4535 2.4 PK-12
- Savannah Grades: NS-12 | 713 students
4625 Waters Ave
Savannah, GA 31404
(912)351-2299 2.1 NS-12
- Savannah Grades: 2-12 | 66 students
4 Oglethorpe Professional Blvd
Savannah, GA 31406
(912)354-4047 2.5 2-12
This is one of the best private schools in Savannah, Ga and you will not go wrong enrolling your child here. I just love this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ms. James
Please give me a call. I am the Director of STARBASE Savannah and would love to have your 5th grade students participate in this STEM program. It is located on HAAF. Monday-Friday from 9:30 until 2pm. You must have your own transportation. The only requirements for the students are to have a home/school lunch and a jacket. Please call at 315-3748. We had a cancellation for the first two weeks in May: May 5-9 and 12-16. Thank you very much...
- Posted by Administrator - Betty