Alternative School For Math & Science
5.00 (1 review)
- The Alternative School For Math and Science, a diverse community of students, teachers and parents, provides an academically challenging and supportive learning environment uniquely designed for 10 to 14 year olds.
- The School’s innovative curriculum, atmosphere of trust and respect, and commitment to life-long learning enable the positive development of the whole child.
- Every aspect of school life is intended to help students learn tolerance, build integrity and character, and become responsible members of the broader community.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Club, Exploravision Competition, Future City Competition, Guitar, Jazz Ensemble, Lego Robotics, Math Counts, Needle Crafts, Rock Band, Running Club, Stop Motion Movie Making, Strategy Games, Writing Club, Yearbook, Yoga|
- Welcome to The Alternative School for Math and Science. Step inside the doors of our beautiful building and enter into an innovative learning environment where middle school students thrive. Supported by a caring faculty of dedicated educators, students are encouraged to inquire and explore, to think and create. Our challenging, purposeful and integrated curriculum is designed to develop the emerging talents of our 21st century academics and artists, athletes and activists. Grounded in the quest for both personal excellence and responsible community membership, learning at ASMS is an authentic, collaborative, and on-going adventure. We invite you to prepare your children for their futures.
This place is amazing!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - erway
Nearby Homes for Sale
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.