Alternative School For Math & Science
The Alternative School For Math and Science, a diverse community of students, teachers and parents, provides an academically challenging and supportive learning environment uniquely designed for 10 to 14 year olds.
The School’s innovative curriculum, atmosphere of trust and respect, and commitment to life-long learning enable the positive development of the whole child.
Every aspect of school life is intended to help students learn tolerance, build integrity and character, and become responsible members of the broader community.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 6-8
- Students: 112 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,000
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Drama Club, Exploravision Competition, Future City Competition, Guitar, Jazz Ensemble, Lego Robotics, Math Counts, Needle Crafts, Rock Band, Running Club, Stop Motion Movie Making, Strategy Games, Writing Club, Yearbook, Yoga
- Welcome to The Alternative School for Math and Science. Step inside the doors of our beautiful building and enter into an innovative learning environment where middle school students thrive. Supported by a caring faculty of dedicated educators, students are encouraged to inquire and explore, to think and create. Our challenging, purposeful and integrated curriculum is designed to develop the emerging talents of our 21st century academics and artists, athletes and activists. Grounded in the quest for both personal excellence and responsible community membership, learning at ASMS is an authentic, collaborative, and on-going adventure. We invite you to prepare your children for their futures.
Source: Verified school update
This place is amazing!!!!
Endorse Alternative School For Math & Science. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.