Ambleside School of the Adirondacks
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jeanie Petteys|
- Ambleside School Adirondacks offers a profoundly Christian approach to education.
- Located within public school busing distance of Saratoga, Glens Falls, South Glens Falls, Corinth, Hadley/Luzerne, Lake George and Queensbury.
- Serves the tri-county area.
- Based on the writings of late 19th century Christian educator, Charlotte M. Mason, who developed three principles of education: Education is an Atmosphere, a Discipline, and a Life.
- Students are given the best editions of the richest books, assembled by a team of international educators.
- Ideas are gleaned through narration, an approach which serves to foster deep, critical thinking skills.
- Children are not ranked and graded.
- Teachers assess students daily in narration and conduct, and weekly in math and writing.
- In an atmosphere of friendly support, students learn the deep satisfaction of having done their best.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corinth Grades: K-12 | 169 students
Corinth, NY 12822
(518)654-6230 6.1 K-12
- Gansevoort Grades: PK-12 | 23 students
755 Route 9
Gansevoort, NY 12831
(518)583-2736 8.6 PK-12
- Queensbury Grades: PK | 92 students
133 Aviation Rd
Queensbury, NY 12804
(518)798-0170 8.9 PK
- Glens Falls Grades: NS-8 | 218 students
10-12 Church St
Glens Falls, NY 12801
(518)792-3178 11.2 NS-8
- Saratoga Springs Grades: PK-K | 5 students
66 Seward Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518)584-0934 11.3 PK-K
Nearby Homes for Sale
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?