Ambleside School of the Adirondacks
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jeanie Petteys|
- Ambleside School Adirondacks offers a profoundly Christian approach to education.
- Located within public school busing distance of Saratoga, Glens Falls, South Glens Falls, Corinth, Hadley/Luzerne, Lake George and Queensbury.
- Serves the tri-county area.
- Based on the writings of late 19th century Christian educator, Charlotte M. Mason, who developed three principles of education: Education is an Atmosphere, a Discipline, and a Life.
- Students are given the best editions of the richest books, assembled by a team of international educators.
- Ideas are gleaned through narration, an approach which serves to foster deep, critical thinking skills.
- Children are not ranked and graded.
- Teachers assess students daily in narration and conduct, and weekly in math and writing.
- In an atmosphere of friendly support, students learn the deep satisfaction of having done their best.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corinth Grades: K-12 | 169 students
Corinth, NY 12822
(518)654-6230 6.1 K-12
- Gansevoort Grades: PK-12 | 23 students
755 Route 9
Gansevoort, NY 12831
(518)583-2736 8.6 PK-12
- Queensbury Grades: PK | 92 students
133 Aviation Rd
Queensbury, NY 12804
(518)798-0170 8.9 PK
- Glens Falls Grades: NS-8 | 218 students
10-12 Church St
Glens Falls, NY 12801
(518)792-3178 11.2 NS-8
- Saratoga Springs Grades: PK-K | 5 students
66 Seward Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518)584-0934 11.3 PK-K
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.