Andrews Osborne Academy
- Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA) is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day (PK to grade 12) and boarding (grades 7-12) school.
- We have a 300 acre campus in Willoughby, Ohio, a beautiful setting located only 25 minutes from University Circle, the heart of Cleveland's cultural activities.
- Each year 100% of graduates are accepted to 4-year accredited colleges and universities.
- When a student comes to AOA, they find a close-knit community, small classes, and a wide variety of clubs, teams and activities to help them learn and grow.
- Andrews Osborne Academy prepares students for higher education and empowers them to be successful leaders committed to serving in an international community. AOA....where students learn to think creatively.
Andrews Osborne Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, Physics I, II, C, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants & School Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,250|
|Tuition Notes||PK-12 Day: 6,875 to 21,250/ Boarding: $46,600 international, $40,825 7 day national, $35,025 5 day national. $1,000 fee grades 6-11, $1,250 fee grade 12. $300-$500 fee in lower grades.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachelle Sundberg|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||33 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Blue Key Ambassadors, Chemistry Club, Community Service, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Fine Arts Association, International Club, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Outdoors Club, Student Council|
Club or Organization:
American Sign Language, Asian Board Games, Audio Visual Club, Card Making, Clay Club, E-Games, Model United Nations, Parade the Circle, Pen Pal Club, Photography Club, Power of the Pen, Quidditch Club, Robotics Club, Russian Club, Ski Club, Spirit Club, Star Wars Club, Tabletop Games Club, Varsity Club, Walking and Talking Club, Why not? Knitting Club
- 340 students, which includes a 28% boarding population
- College preparatory curriculum
- Honors and AP classes in all subject areas
- Varied electives, from Video & Animation to Biodiesel
- Rich Performance and Fine Arts offerings
- Academic Advisors: Each teacher has 6-10 student advisees who meet weekly
- Competitive and extensive athletics
- Partnerships with SPIRE Institute, The Fine Arts Association, The Cleveland Ballet, and Maypine-Flagship Farms
- An Equestrian program where students may take private lessons or compete on a interscholastic team
- Matriculation list can be found on College Counseling page located under "Academics" on website (www.andrewsosborne.org).
- Housing-Boarding available for grades 7-12: seven houses accommodating 10-22 students, dedicated houseparents, and residential assistants. Each air conditioned home includes double or triple rooms, a common area with a desktop and printer, television, and a laundry room with washers and dryers. All dorms are wireless.
- Financial Information: Nearly 30% of Andrews Osborne students receive assistance based on need. Payment plans and loan programs are available.
- Five Day Boarding commences on Sunday evening and ends Friday afternoon.
- Application Fees Domestic Student $50 International Student $100
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mentor Grades: 9-12 | 689 students
6733 Reynolds Road
Mentor, OH 44060
(440)578-1020 3.2 9-12
- Painesville Grades: NS-6 | 206 students
10229 Prouty Rd
Painesville, OH 44077
(440)357-0918 6.9 NS-6
- Gates Mills Grades: PK-12 | 663 students
34001 Cedar Rd
Gates Mills, OH 44040
(440)473-8050 10.1 PK-12
I think Andrews Osborne is a good school - a very beautiful campus, the headmaster and teachers are nice and hardworking people. My daughter studies there, she has met good teachers, the school are very friendly to Chinese students, teachers are willing to help all the time. Over years the school has better and better college result. Well I used to be concerned that there are more Chinese students than other high schools, but from my experience, our children really need friends when they are away from their home and their country, and more Chinese students means they get more friends easily, at least they speak same language. I hope AOA will do better and better in the future! Go AOA!
- Posted by Parent - Wendy Zhang