Cornerstone Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Our mission is to provide a quality education based on God`s Truth, resulting in Christ-like students who will impact their world for the glory of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,100|
|Tuition Notes||Grades K4 - 5: $5100 Grades 6-8: $6750 Grades 9-12: $7290|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$28|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Miss Kate O'Brien|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bloxel, Literary Magazine, Missions Trips, National Honor Society, Robotics, Rube Goldberg Competition, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Early Childhood CCA`s Early Childhood Program teaches K4 and K5 students the firm foundation of Jesus Christ. Through a variety of learning experiences, students expand their horizons and learn Biblical precepts. Young students engage in developmentally-appropriate academics, play time, special classes, and chapel services. CCA`s Early Childhood Program is a full, fun introduction to school.
- Elementary School
- Cornerstone`s Elementary School teachers build the love of Christ into young students` hearts. Through strong academics and engaged instruction, CCA equips young students with a solid Biblical foundation. Every discipline is approached from a Biblical perspective, and frequent field trips support classroom learning. Students engage in a wide variety of Special classes, such as Art, Music, Computer Science and Physical Education.
- Principal Janet Blackstone
- Middle School
- The Middle School Program at Cornerstone encourages students to mature in independent thought and personal responsibility. Students engage a full spectrum of disciplines, each approached through a Biblical perspective. CCA`s Middle School instructors put special emphasis on the development of critical thinking skills, and the development of analytical dexterity. A wide array of classes give students a broad platform for high school success, all based on the foundation of Biblical Truth.
- Middle School Principal Bernadette Bileci
- High School
- CCA`s High School instructors equip students to move forward toward college and careers with their faith as a framework for success. CCA`s high school curriculum far surpasses the State of Ohio requirements for graduation, and provides students to navigate a complex world with Biblical truth. CCA graduates are regularly accepted into top-tier universities, and well-prepared for college coursework. A wide array of co-curricular activities round out the academic experience, while providing leadership opportunities for students.
- High School Principal Sandi Ortiz
- Academic Support Tutoring Services
- Although Cornerstone does not acknowledge IEPs in the classroom, students with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) from their home school district may access tutoring services through the use of the State of Ohio`s Jon Peterson Scholarship Program, which helps cover the cost of private tutoring. These tutors are handled privately through each family.
- College Counseling
- The College Counseling Program provides personal counseling to students and their parents, helping them navigate college selection and the application process. Both juniors and seniors are required to attend a mandatory meeting with the Director of Student Counseling to discuss college planning. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend college counseling sessions. The counselor helps students understand the college application process, maximize scholarship and financial aid opportunities, and consider college majors and career paths. Presently the Principal, Director of Student Counseling, and Junior and Senior Class Advisors share academic guidance responsibilities at CCA. Numerous resources for college and financial aid searches are also available through the Office of Student Counseling.
- College Credit Plus (CCP)
- Cornerstone Christian Academy offers qualifying juniors and seniors College Credit Plus (CPP) coursework through Cedarville University and Malone University. These universities align with CCA`s Biblical worldview in content and curriculum. CCP students have the opportunity to complete dual-credit coursework on the CCA campus, using Chromebook technology. CCP credit meets CCA graduation requirements, and also represents transferable college credit. CCA does not grant direct dual-credit for coursework taken outside of the CCA-CCP program. Students who present transcripts for college coursework taken at other institutions may be given elective credit at the discretion of the Administration.
- Chromebook Technology
- In order to provide students with the most enriching educational experience, each student has access to a Chromebook during the academic day; middle school and high school students may also take their Chromebook unit home. CCA`s Technology Team has put many Chromebook safeguards in place to protect students. The goal is to ensure the highest level of security, so technology enhances the learning experience. Obviously, there are many social media websites that contain inappropriate contentthese sites have been filtered out, and our current system aligns with CCA`s Christian mission. The Chromebooks have been equipped to use many apps that will enhance learning. However, students are not able to add apps that have not been approved by CCA faculty and administration.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Grades: 9-12 | 588 students
6000 Queens Hwy
Cleveland, OH 44130
(440)866-0300 20.7 9-12
Amazing school with a great curriculum and staff! My children loved going there and I''d recommend this school to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - narfm
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.