Archbishop Neale School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (301) 934-9595
- Archbishop Neale Catholic School is a Faith Community and an academic institution comprised of students, parents, priests and staff drawn from a consolidation of parishes and the surrounding community.
- As a Faith Community, we work to transmit the Gospel message, to enhance the building of relationships and to render service.
- As an academic institution, we strive to create a climate in which knowledge is pursued in an organized and integrated manner.
- Archbishop Neale School is committed to the recognition of the multi-dimensional needs of the child and thus works to provide a well-rounded program wherein spiritual, intellectual, emotional, cultural, social and physical growth may occur.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||368 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,625|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts are given for families who belong to a Catholic parish. We also offer multiple child discounts within a family. Financial assistance is available through TADS.|
|Admissions Director||Mary Ellen Howard|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cheering, Field Hockey,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, CODE, Drama Club, NJHS, STEAM, STEM, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Avanced Band, Beginner Band, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Archery Team, Boys JV Basketball, Boys Varsity Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Girls JV Basketball, Girls Lacrosse, Girls Varsity Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball
- Archbishop Neale Catholic School is a Faith Community and an academic institution comprised of students, parents, priests and staff drawn from a consolidation of parishes and the surrounding community. As a Faith Community, we work to transmit the Gospel message, to enhance the building of relationships and to render service. As an academic institution, we strive to create a climate in which knowledge is pursued in an organized and integrated manner. Archbishop Neale School is committed to the recognition of the multi-dimensional needs of the child and thus works to provide a well-rounded program wherein spiritual, intellectual, emotional, cultural, social and physical growth may occur.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- White Plains Grades: PK-12 | 513 students
9805 Faith Baptist Church Road
White Plains, MD 20695
(301) 870-2550 4 PK-12
- La Plata Grades: NS-8 | 258 students
1200 Charles St
La Plata, MD 20646
(301) 932-0963 1.5 NS-8
I am a an ANS alum and my husband and I chose ANS for our two children who are now both graduates. I have always stated that you can't put a price on spirituality. The environment was a place where my children could engage spiritually, academically, athletically and socially. Quality athletic facilities, support services for learning, and a variety of clubs and activities to nurture each student and their talents. Celebrating 90 years in 2017, the school is rich in tradition and offers numerous ways for students to excel. Achievements are celebrated, creativity and involvement is encouraged, actions have consequences, and the practice and engagement in our Roman Catholic faith is at the center of it all.
- Posted by Parent - Susan
Our children went to ANS, and well educated in a positive and supporting environment. Parental involvement is considered crucial by teachers and staff, and there are many opportunities to participate in school activities. Discipline is fair but firm. Excellent. School well recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Craig
I'm proud to say that I am a graduate of ANS. This school prepared me well academically, and also planted a seed of faith that continues to grow to this day. It is truly a special place where parents, teachers, administrators and religious all work together for the benefit of the child.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Mary
ANS has been a wonderful school for my children. It's clear that the academic standards are high and the faith is strong. My children love the school and the teachers. I can't recommend this school enough.
- Posted by Parent - Ann
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.