Army and Navy Academy
- Army and Navy Academy is an internationally recognized college-preparatory military boarding school for boys, grades 7-12 that follows University of California standards and incorporates leadership training centered around its JROTC program.
- Since 1910, Army and Navy Academy has sought to develop scholarship and honorable character in young men.
- Our Cadets benefit from having a greater degree of structure, motivation and discipline in their daily routine.
Army and Navy Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$41,500|
|Tuition Notes||Base tuition does not include books, uniforms, incidentals, and special programs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Darrin Knox|
|Admissions Associate||Jon Rae|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Cycling,
Drill Team, Football,
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anti-Bullying, ASB, Astronomy, Aviation, Beta Club, Business Club, Cadets for Christ, California Scholarship Federation, Chess Club, Comedy Club, Community Service Club, Computer Science, Forensics Club, Harvard Model Congress, Interact Club, Key Club, Letterman's Club, Marching Band, Multi-Cultural Club, National Honor Society, Peer Counseling, Travis Manion Foundation, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
ANA TV Production, Drawing and Painting, Music Composition on MAC, Photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Crossfit, Scuba Club, Strength & Conditioning, Surf Team, Weightlifting
- Confident, independent, and resilient are just some of the words that describe the Army and Navy Academy Cadet.
- Located on the coast in San Diego County, California, Army and Navy Academy is truly unique. Our college preparatory curriculum is catered to the ways that boys learn best. Interactive lessons, small class sizes, personal attention, and formal leadership training motivate each Cadet to reach his full potential.
- This combination leadership education, a college-prep curriculum, and the commitment to teaching in the ways that boys learn best all adds up to create The Warrior Experience.
- As a private military school with a JROTC program, Cadets are educated to a set of core values that shape all aspects of life. Honesty, integrity, respect, responsibility, compassion, and gratitude are the cornerstones.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carlsbad Grades: NS-8 | 449 students
3820 Pio Pico Dr
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(760)729-1333 1.2 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.