Ascension Lutheran School
Tel: (805) 496-2419
- Ascension Lutheran School was established in 1963 by Ascension Lutheran Church to serve the congregation and as an outreach to the community.
- We are dedicated to nurturing each student, providing academic excellence and creating bold, compassionate leaders who inspire and serve others in their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Teachers at Ascension Lutheran School maintain appropriate credentials and certification in their teaching field, and evidence a lifestyle that reflects a dynamic, growing relationship with Christ. WASC Accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||383 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Connie Angress|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ceramics, Cheerleading, Chess, Fine Art, Hip Hop Dance, Woodworking|
- Ascension Lutheran School offers a strong Middle School curriculum including: Spanish, Technology, Music, iPad Program,CP Math, Honors Algebra, Language Arts, Science, History, Physical Education, Team Sports, Student Government, Religious Studies, Projects reaching out to the community and the world, and much more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thousand Oaks Grades: K-8 | 272 students
154 E Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
(805) 495-9340 1.6 K-8
- Thousand Oaks Grades: PK-12 | 254 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805) 497-7501 0.2 PK-12
- Calabasas Grades: NS-12 | 234 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road Calabasas, CA 91302
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818) 880-5437 10.1 NS-12
- Westlake Village Grades: 1-12 | 140 students
Po Box 3381
Westlake Village, CA 91359
(805) 624-6667 1.1 1-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?