Ascension Lutheran School
- Ascension Lutheran School was established in 1963 by Ascension Lutheran Church to serve the congregation and as an outreach to the community.
- We are dedicated to nurturing each student, providing academic excellence and creating bold, compassionate leaders who inspire and serve others in their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Teachers at Ascension Lutheran School maintain appropriate credentials and certification in their teaching field, and evidence a lifestyle that reflects a dynamic, growing relationship with Christ. WASC Accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Connie Angress|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ceramics, Cheerleading, Chess, Fine Art, Hip Hop Dance, Woodworking|
- Ascension Lutheran School offers a strong Middle School curriculum including: Spanish, Technology, Music, iPad Program,CP Math, Honors Algebra, Language Arts, Science, History, Physical Education, Team Sports, Student Government, Religious Studies, Projects reaching out to the community and the world, and much more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thousand Oaks Grades: K-8 | 334 students
154 E Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
(805)495-9340 1.6 K-8
- Thousand Oaks Grades: PK-12 | 254 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805)497-7501 0.2 PK-12
- Calabasas Grades: PK-12 | 236 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road Calabasas, CA 91302
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818)880-5437 10.1 PK-12
- Westlake Village Grades: 1-12 | 140 students
Po Box 3381
Westlake Village, CA 91359
(805)624-6667 1.1 1-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.