Ascension Lutheran School
- Ascension Lutheran School was established in 1963 by Ascension Lutheran Church to serve the congregation and as an outreach to the community.
- We are dedicated to nurturing each student, providing academic excellence and creating bold, compassionate leaders who inspire and serve others in their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Teachers at Ascension Lutheran School maintain appropriate credentials and certification in their teaching field, and evidence a lifestyle that reflects a dynamic, growing relationship with Christ. WASC Accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Connie Angress|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ceramics, Cheerleading, Chess, Fine Art, Hip Hop Dance, Woodworking Art, Ceramics, Cheerleading, Chess, Fine Art, Hip Hop Dance, Woodworking,|
- Ascension Lutheran School offers a strong Middle School curriculum including: Spanish, Technology, Music, iPad Program,CP Math, Honors Algebra, Language Arts, Science, History, Physical Education, Team Sports, Student Government, Religious Studies, Projects reaching out to the community and the world, and much more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Thousand OaksGrades: K-8 | 353 students
154 E Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Thousand OaksGrades: PK-12 | 342 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Thousand OaksGrades: 1-12 | 140 students
Po Box 3381
Thousand Oaks, CA 91359
CalabasasGrades: PK-12 | 236 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road Calabasas, CA 91302
Calabasas, CA 91302
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?