Ascension Lutheran School
- Ascension Lutheran School was established in 1963 by Ascension Lutheran Church to serve the congregation and as an outreach to the community.
- We are dedicated to nurturing each student, providing academic excellence and creating bold, compassionate leaders who inspire and serve others in their walk with Jesus Christ.
- Teachers at Ascension Lutheran School maintain appropriate credentials and certification in their teaching field, and evidence a lifestyle that reflects a dynamic, growing relationship with Christ. WASC Accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Connie Angress|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ceramics, Cheerleading, Chess, Fine Art, Hip Hop Dance, Woodworking|
- Ascension Lutheran School offers a strong Middle School curriculum including: Spanish, Technology, Music, iPad Program,CP Math, Honors Algebra, Language Arts, Science, History, Physical Education, Team Sports, Student Government, Religious Studies, Projects reaching out to the community and the world, and much more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thousand Oaks Grades: K-8 | 334 students
154 E Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
(805)495-9340 1.6 K-8
- Thousand Oaks Grades: PK-12 | 254 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805)497-7501 0.2 PK-12
- Calabasas Grades: PK-12 | 236 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road Calabasas, CA 91302
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818)880-5437 10.1 PK-12
- Westlake Village Grades: 1-12 | 140 students
Po Box 3381
Westlake Village, CA 91359
(805)624-6667 1.1 1-12
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.