5.00 (1 review)
- Auldern Academy is a private therapeutic boarding school offering 9th through 12th grade college prep education.
- We can provide young women with the skills necessary to enjoy long-term academic success.
- The staff and faculty members of Auldern Academy understand that caring relationships have the power to educate and heal.
- It is the goal of our Academic Program to provide students with an education that prepares them for complex college and workplace competencies.
- The faculty of Auldern Academy strives to prepare students for these challenges through small classes, a mix of traditional and progressive approaches and intensive teacher support and coaching.
- The mission of the Student Life Department at Auldern Academy is to prepare students for the social and independent-living challenges of college life.
- For many college freshmen the day to day social and environmental challenges, rather than academic challenges, present the greatest obstacle to success.
- The Student Life Department challenges students to balance the responsibilities of independence with those of community membership.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PittsboroGrades: PK-11 | 92 students
2428 Silk Hope Gum Springs Rd
Pittsboro, NC 27312
- PittsboroGrades: PK-K | 44 students
886 Hamlet Chapel Road
Pittsboro, NC 27312
- RamseurGrades: PK-12 | 302 students
5449 Brookhaven Rd
Ramseur, NC 27316
- SanfordGrades: PK-12 | 377 students
3220 Keller Andrews Rd
Sanford, NC 27330
- SanfordGrades: K-12 | 452 students
2601 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Sanford, NC 27332
My daughter Auldern for a little less than 2 years. I have to say I was so impressed with the program. Academically she got a stellar education and I can't say enough about her therapy. She also made some great connections with the Student Life Staff. We both are certainly going to miss it when she leaves. I can't thank you enough Auldern!
- Posted by Parent - meaga
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.