Aurora Montessori School
- Montessori Unlimited adheres closely to the Montessori Method. This method was developed by Italian educator, Dr. Maria Montessori, in the early twentieth century.
- The Method is built upon the idea that children develop and think differently than adults, and that they are competent beings, capable of self-directed learning.
- To encourage this capability, Dr. Montessori developed and refined numerous objects and tools that facilitate every phase of development, from motor skills to concrete knowledge to abstraction.
- Language, mathematics, spatial learning, self-discovery, music and art - they're all incorporated into the Montessori approach.
- We encourage children to work at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere, to gain an understanding of themselves and develop a sensitivity to others.
- Children may work alone or in groups, all in an atmosphere of courtesy and respect.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy blue, khaki, and white)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition is payable through equal monthly payments without a service charge.|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Babcock|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ChessKids - Chess Instruction, Kickers Soccer - Foot Skills Development, Kids Love Sport - Gross Motor Development, Martial Arts In Motion - Tae Kwon Do, Sole Dance Academy - Ballet, Steppin' out Dance Kidz - Ballet Instruction, Tap & Creative Movement, TumbleBear Gymnastics, Young Mozarts - Piano Instruction, Young Rembrandts - Art & Drawing Instruction|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
850 N Commonwealth Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
(630)896-7557 5.4 PK-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.