Bal Swan Children's Center
- Bal Swan Children's Center is currently celebrating our forty-third year of service to children.
- The program we pursue is geared toward helping children develop habits of observation, questioning and listening.
- We want to ease the transition from home to school - helping them to learn how to get along with other children and adults, to develop skills through active games and spurring emotional growth through group activities.
- We want you, as a parent, to look into our busy, happy, noisy, creative classrooms and see your child at work and play.
- We want you to realize the validity of that play and the importance of what is being learned.
- Parents and teachers together can help the children to develop their full potential.
- Bal Swan Children's Center is a preschool that provides a welcoming environment for children with special needs and typical children from Metro Denver's northern suburbs and other Front Range communities.
- We celebrate the uniqueness of every child by focusing on their strengths and building upon their successes.
- The Center provides early intervention therapies and education services for children with disabilities from infancy to 8 years old.
- Approximately 40 percent of our student population has a wide variety of disabilities and 60 percent are typical preschoolers.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Broomfield Grades: PK-K | 112 students
545 W 10th Avenue
Broomfield, CO 80020
(303)466-8365 1.2 PK-K
- Broomfield Grades: 9-12 | 628 students
5195 W 144th Ave
Broomfield, CO 80023
(303)400-1411 1.5 9-12
- Broomfield Grades: PK-K | 174 students
5483 W 118th Pl
Broomfield, CO 80020
(303)246-4203 1.7 PK-K
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?