Bal Swan Children's Center
- Bal Swan Children's Center is currently celebrating our forty-third year of service to children.
- The program we pursue is geared toward helping children develop habits of observation, questioning and listening.
- We want to ease the transition from home to school - helping them to learn how to get along with other children and adults, to develop skills through active games and spurring emotional growth through group activities.
- We want you, as a parent, to look into our busy, happy, noisy, creative classrooms and see your child at work and play.
- We want you to realize the validity of that play and the importance of what is being learned.
- Parents and teachers together can help the children to develop their full potential.
- Bal Swan Children's Center is a preschool that provides a welcoming environment for children with special needs and typical children from Metro Denver's northern suburbs and other Front Range communities.
- We celebrate the uniqueness of every child by focusing on their strengths and building upon their successes.
- The Center provides early intervention therapies and education services for children with disabilities from infancy to 8 years old.
- Approximately 40 percent of our student population has a wide variety of disabilities and 60 percent are typical preschoolers.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Broomfield Grades: PK-K | 112 students
545 W 10th Avenue
Broomfield, CO 80020
(303)466-8365 1.2 PK-K
- Broomfield Grades: 9-12 | 628 students
5195 W 144th Ave
Broomfield, CO 80023
(303)400-1411 1.5 9-12
- Broomfield Grades: PK-K | 174 students
5483 W 118th Pl
Broomfield, CO 80020
(303)246-4203 1.7 PK-K
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.