Banner Christian School
- Banner Christian School serves Christian families in our community as they train up their children in the way they should go.
- Our goal is to unify the training a child receives at home and their local church by providing a school where Christ is preeminent and education is rooted in the Word of God.
- Accomplishing this task requires a dedicated staff with a Kingdom vision.
- God has blessed Banner with a staff of well-qualified, Christian teachers.
- Each teacher is a born-again believer with a proven testimony of faith. In addition, each teacher is a college graduate and teaches within his/her field of knowledge.
- Banner Christian School is a place where teachers teach, students learn, parents are happy, and God is magnified.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Environmental Science, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History,|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform, Kahkis / Skirt, Polo )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Tignor|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACSI Leadership Conferences, Audio/Visual Team, Mission Trips - domestic & international, National Honor Society, Service Projects, Specialty Clubs, Student Government, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Praise Team
- Applicants for kindergarten and first grade are required to take a readiness test. Students applying for grades 2-12 may or may not require testing. Report cards and results of national standardized tests taken within the last 12 months are reviewed and considered. If no such testing records are available or if additional testing is necessary, the applicant will be notified. The testing fee is $50.00 and is payable at the time of testing. Students must achieve a stanine score of at least five to qualify for admissions. The testing fee is refundable if the applicant is not accepted.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henrico Grades: NS-12 | 215 students
8701 Ridge Road
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)741-2860 7.9 NS-12
- Richmond Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
(804)644-5550 12.5 PK-12
This school is amazing I truly enjoy all the people, the joy and just the school itself.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Yasmin