Banner Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Banner Christian School Photo #2 - Banner athletic teams compete in the Virginia Colonial Conference (VCC) at the Middle, JV, and Varsity levels. Sports offered are basketball, soccer, volleyball, baseball, golf, cross country, and cheer-leading.
Banner Christian School Photo #3 - Banner's praise team has lead the music portion of the National Day of Prayer program at the Virginia State Capital and the Chesterfield County Courthouse for the past 7 years.
Banner Christian School Photo #4 - Each year, Banner sends their high school leadership team to the ACSI Leadership Conference in Goshen, Virginia. This three day retreats help trains our students to be christian leaders both at school and in their community.
Banner Christian School Photo #6 - Banner offers a wide variety of extra curricular classes: Art, Theater, Music, Computer, Praise Team, Home Economics, Sign Language, Study Skills, Psychology, Spanish, and Bible. In addition, we compete in several ACSI competitions: Spelling Bees, Art Festival, Math Olympics, Music Festival, and Creative Writing.
Banner Christian School Photo #7 - Spirit Week gives our students a chance to show their school spirit and pride.
Banner Christian School Photo #8 - Banner has certification through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), meaning Banner may accept international students with student visas. We have had students from China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Germany, Venezuela, Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, and Japan.
Banner Christian School Photo #9 - With the acquisition of 130 acres in Chesterfield County, VA, Banner is positioned and ready to move forward with the God-sized vision for our future. When the final phase is complete, Banner will be in a state-of-the-art facility for both academics and extracurricular activities, hosting over 1,000 students from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Banner Christian School Photo #10 - Banner has graduated five National Merit Scholars. The following scholarship dollars were offered to our seniors over the past four years. Class of 2011 (17 graduates) $1,000,000 / Class of 2012 (14 graduates) $750,000 / Class of 2013 (13 graduates) $850,000 / Class of 2014 (11 graduates) $800,000.
- Banner Christian School serves Christian families in our community as they train up their children in the way they should go.
- Our goal is to unify the training a child receives at home and their local church by providing a school where Christ is preeminent and education is rooted in the Word of God.
- Accomplishing this task requires a dedicated staff with a Kingdom vision.
- God has blessed Banner with a staff of well-qualified, Christian teachers.
- Each teacher is a born-again believer with a proven testimony of faith. In addition, each teacher is a college graduate and teaches within his/her field of knowledge.
- Banner Christian School is a place where teachers teach, students learn, parents are happy, and God is magnified.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Environmental Science, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform, Kahkis / Skirt, Polo )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Tignor|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACSI Leadership Conferences, Audio/Visual Team, Mission Trips - domestic & international, National Honor Society, Service Projects, Specialty Clubs, Student Government, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Praise Team
- Applicants for kindergarten and first grade are required to take a readiness test. Students applying for grades 2-12 may or may not require testing. Report cards and results of national standardized tests taken within the last 12 months are reviewed and considered. If no such testing records are available or if additional testing is necessary, the applicant will be notified. The testing fee is $50.00 and is payable at the time of testing. Students must achieve a stanine score of at least five to qualify for admissions. The testing fee is refundable if the applicant is not accepted.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
(804)644-5550 12.5 PK-12
- Henrico Grades: NS-12 | 215 students
8701 Ridge Road
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)741-2860 7.9 NS-12
This school is amazing I truly enjoy all the people, the joy and just the school itself.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Yasmin
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.