Battle Creek Academy
- Battle Creek Academy is a team of educational professionals dedicated to providing quality Christian education and the transmission of our Adventist values and culture to students of our community.
- Our Academy is motivated by the positive values coming from a trust relationship with God, service to others, and cultivation of a desire to learn.Our values are centered in Christ and reveal themselves as students grow into their potential, developing an effective ministry in the family, the church, and the community.
- We prize the principles of integrity, unconditional acceptance, stewardship, and fiscal stability, and we seek to offer a curriculum that challenges students to own their faith.We serve our students, their families, the Adventist churches that sponsor us and the wider community in which we live.
- We serve by continuing a century-long tradition of providing Christ-centered education rich in the revelation of God`s grace, and by emphasizing the integrated development of the whole person.
- We seek to offer a safe campus with a nurturing staff that models Adventist beliefs.We are intentional about developing servant-leaders who build the community and who are ambassadors for the Lord.
- We seek partnership with the homes and churches of our students in preparing young people for their eternal home.
Battle Creek Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Advanced Courses||Environmental Science, Human Biology, PreCalculus/Advenced Mathematics, Statistics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform (Khaki and Navy pants, Polo shirts))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,519|
|Tuition Notes||Academy (Grades 9-12) = $9519 Elementary (Grades K-8 ) = $4718|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||James Davis|
|Admissions Associate||Jacquelyn Khoe|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our Philosophy:- Battle Creek Academy is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to:
- develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew 2:37-39
- master the basic academic skills
- value labor, physical and mental, as the blessing God intended
- cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended. Battle Creek Academy is operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Rapids Grades: 9-12 | 918 students
2300 Plymouth Ave Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
(616)574-5500 45.8 9-12
- Wyoming Grades: 9-12 | 189 students
2500 Newport St Sw
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616)249-8050 48.1 9-12
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 1117 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-8938 529.6 PK-12
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.