St. John Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (248) 402-8000
St. John Lutheran School Photo #2 - Launching pop bottle-rockets to learn about the principals of motion, is one of the many hand-on activities that students enjoy as part of the science program.
St. John Lutheran School Photo #3 - Classrooms are each equipped with new 70" Interactive Promethean Display Boards, with technology utilized as a tool to enhance the learning process.
St. John Lutheran School Photo #4 - St. John Lutheran School offers a competitive athletics program as well as various extra-curricular opportunities.
St. John Lutheran School Photo #5 - Third grade students visit a nearby one-room schoolhouse and historical museum as part of their study of Michigan History. Each grade level participates in various field trips throughout the school year.
St. John Lutheran School Photo #6 - Students participate in a variety of service projects throughout the school year, sharing the love of Jesus with the community.
- Thank you for your interest in St. John Lutheran School located in Rochester, Michigan. At St. John, we offer an excellent Christian Preschool to 8th Grade program!
- Our program meets and exceed state standards, and we are accredited by the Michigan Assocation of Non-Public Schools as well as by National Lutheran Schools Accreditation.
- Preschool includes PS3`s, Pre-K 4's, and Young 5's, with half and full day options for each.
- Kindergarten includes half and full day scheudle options as well as a half to full day progression option.
- In addition to core subjects, students in K - 8 have specials including Music, Art, Spanish, and P.E.
- Please contact us at 248-402-8012 or email@example.com for more information. We look forwarding to hearing from you!
St. John Lutheran School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full Time Lutheran Special Education Ministry (LSEM) Teacher|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(St. John has a dress code for K - 8. Preschool & Young 5's attire is casual. nd also provide a gently used uniform program. Casual days are approximately two times each month. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates provided with inquiry Tuition assistance program available for K - 8|
|Admissions Director||Beth Dameron|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Sign Language, National Engineers Week Future City Competition|
Club or Organization:
Boy/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Drama Club, Total Golf Adventures
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Band, Beginner Band, Choir
We welcome your visit to learn more about our program!
- Preschool: Half and Full Day 3's, 4's and Young 5's options
- Kindergarten: Full-Day, Half-Day and Half-to-Full Day schedules
- Elementary: Kindergarten to 5th Grade
- Middle School: 6th - 8th Grades
- Spanish Instruction: K - 8th Grades
- Special Classes Taught by a Specialist: Physical Education, Art, Music, Band, Foreigh Language (Spanish) and Computers
- Technology: Promethean Boards in all grade levels, iPads available for Preschool through 5th Grades, Chromebook instruction in 1st - 5th Grades, 1-to-1 Chromebook in MIddle School
- Daily Hot Lunch made on-site, available for K - 8 as well as for Full Day 3's, 5's and Young 5's students.
- Licensed Before and After School K - 8 Care Room as well as Preschool/Young 5's Care Room: Available from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM
- Bus Transportation: Available for families residing in Rochester Community Schools.
- Athletics and Extra-Curriculuar Programs available.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed St. John Lutheran School also viewed these schools: Brookfield Academy - Rochester Hills, Holy Family Regional School, The Montessori School Rochester, Oakland University's Lowry Center for Early Childhood Education and Rochester Hills Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-5 | 147 students
1263 S Adams Rd
Rochester, MI 48309
(248) 375-1700 2.7 PK-5
- Rochester Grades: PK-6 | 60 students
1812 S. Rochester Rd.
Rochester, MI 48307
(248) 453-5757 1.9 PK-6
- Rochester Grades: NS-PK | 174 students
102 Pawley Hall - School Of Education and Human Service
Rochester, MI 48309
(248) 370-4100 0.7 NS-PK
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
3300 S Livernois Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
(248) 852-0585 3.5 PK-12
I have three children that attend St. John Lutheran School. I feel wonderful knowing that I am sending them to a school that is Christ centered. My children are receiving a high quality education by teachers who are passionate and loving. It is nice to be assured that the morals and values that I am trying to teach at home are being reinforced daily. I am proud to say that this school is my children's home away from home!
- Posted by Parent - goles
I am a parent of two elementary students. St. John is providing a well rounded education for my children. There is such a warm atmosphere at St. John providing my kids an extended family. I highly recommend St. John!
- Posted by Parent - manna
My son has attended St. John K-8th grade. This school has given him a loving Christian atmosphere with high academic standards. There are many ways for students and parents to involved in the this community. Caring teachers and staff. A real family feel!
- Posted by Parent - eliza
wonderful, warm, safe and supportive! The teachers and staff are top notch and offer a personal and professional atmosphere for students and parents!
- Posted by Parent - tkv2
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.