Seventh Graders participate in a project called, 'This is My Country'. The project finale is an evening event for the whole family. Those in attendance enjoy seeing students dressed in traditional clothing from their country, taste foods and learn about the culture.
- Thank you for your interest in St. John Lutheran School located in Rochester, Michigan. At St. John, we offer Preschool to 8th Grade programs, in a Christ-centered, rigorous academic setting, firmly rooted in God's word.
- Our programs meet and exceed all state standards, and we are accredited by the State of Michigan and by the National Lutheran Schools Association.
- Our Preschool program includes 3`s and 4`s morning and afternoon sessions, with a full day option for 4`s, and we offer full and half day Kindergarten. The purpose of St. John Lutheran School is to teach, train, and nurture God`s children. Please contact us at 248-402-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We welcome your visit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full Time Lutheran Special Education Ministry (LSEM) Teacher|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available|
|Admissions Director||Beth Dameron|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Band, American Sign Language, Beginner Band, Boy/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, National Engineers Week Future City Competition, Ski Club, Spanish, Total Golf Adventures Advanced Band, Beginner Band, Chess Club, Choir, Ski Club, Spanish, American Sign Language,
National Engineers Week Future City Competition,
Total Golf Adventures,
- Preschool: 3 and 4 year old Programs, with a full day option for the 4 year old Program
- Kindergarten: Full and Half Day options
- Elementary: 1st through 5th Grades
- Middle School: 6th through 8th Grades
- Spanish Instruction: 1st through 8th Grades
- All Special Classes Taught by a Specialist: Physical Education, Art, Music, Spanish and Computers
- Technology: PC lab, Smart Boards in 1st through 8th Grades, iPads in Preschool through 5th, Chromebook instruction in 1st through 5th Grades, 1 to 1 Chromebook in 6th through 8th Grades
- Daily Hot Lunch Program: Made in-house daily with several choices available each day
- Before and After School Care Room: 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM
- Bus Transportation: Available for families that reside in Rochester Community Schools district
Profile last updated: 02/25/2016
People that viewed St. John Lutheran School also viewed these schools: Cranbrook Schools, Notre Dame Preparatory & Marist Academy, Eton Academy, The Roeper School and Oakland University's Lowry Center for Early Childhood Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
PontiacGrades: PK-12 | 1167 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
BirminghamGrades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 551 students
41190 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
RochesterGrades: NS-PK | 174 students
102 Pawley Hall - School Of Education and Human Service
Rochester, MI 48309
I have three children that attend St. John Lutheran School. I feel wonderful knowing that I am sending them to a school that is Christ centered. My children are receiving a high quality education by teachers who are passionate and loving. It is nice to be assured that the morals and values that I am trying to teach at home are being reinforced daily. I am proud to say that this school is my children's home away from home!
- Posted by Parent - goles
I am a parent of two elementary students. St. John is providing a well rounded education for my children. There is such a warm atmosphere at St. John providing my kids an extended family. I highly recommend St. John!
- Posted by Parent - manna
My son has attended St. John K-8th grade. This school has given him a loving Christian atmosphere with high academic standards. There are many ways for students and parents to involved in the this community. Caring teachers and staff. A real family feel!
- Posted by Parent - eliza
wonderful, warm, safe and supportive! The teachers and staff are top notch and offer a personal and professional atmosphere for students and parents!
- Posted by Parent - tkv2
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.