Oakland University's Lowry Center for Early Childhood Education
Tel: (248) 370-4100
- Lowry is Oakland University's Child Development Laboratory providing high quality early childhood educational programs for children from 18 months up to 5 years 11 months.
- Lowry offers full and half day programs along with part week and full week schedules.
- Lowry's full time and substitute teaching staff are required to hold a bachelor's degree in early childhood or elementary education.
- Six of twelve full time Lowry teachers hold Master's degrees.
- Every Lowry classroom is staffed with one Master's level and one Bachelor's level teacher.
- Lowry offers low teacher to child ratios and a play based curriculum focused on the individual developmental needs and interests of the child.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Inclusive Setting|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(come dressed to play)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,970|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a 39 week five full day (9am to 4pm) per week school year from September to Mid June. Two and three day schedules and half day schedules are also available. Before and after care is also available on an as needed basis from 7:30-9am a|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Holly S McFaul|
- The ONLY Child Development University Based Preschool in Oakland County.
- Bachelor's and Master's Level Teacher in Each Classroom.
- Low Teacher to Child Ratios
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-5 | 147 students
1263 S Adams Rd
Rochester, MI 48309
(248) 375-1700 3.3 PK-5
- Auburn Hills Grades: NS | 65 students
3388 Five Points Dr
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
(248) 276-8626 4.5 NS
- Rochester Grades: PK-6 | 60 students
1812 S. Rochester Rd.
Rochester, MI 48307
(248) 453-5757 1.8 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.