Oakland University's Lowry Center for Early Childhood Education
- Lowry is Oakland University's Child Development Laboratory providing high quality early childhood educational programs for children from 18 months up to 5 years 11 months.
- Lowry offers full and half day programs along with part week and full week schedules.
- Lowry's full time and substitute teaching staff are required to hold a bachelor's degree in early childhood or elementary education.
- Six of twelve full time Lowry teachers hold Master's degrees.
- Every Lowry classroom is staffed with one Master's level and one Bachelor's level teacher.
- Lowry offers low teacher to child ratios and a play based curriculum focused on the individual developmental needs and interests of the child.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Inclusive Setting|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(come dressed to play)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,970|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a 39 week five full day (9am to 4pm) per week school year from September to Mid June. Two and three day schedules and half day schedules are also available. Before and after care is also available on an as needed basis from 7:30-9am a|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Holly S McFaul|
- The ONLY Child Development University Based Preschool in Oakland County.
- Bachelor's and Master's Level Teacher in Each Classroom.
- Low Teacher to Child Ratios
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Rochester HillsGrades: PK-5 | 185 students
1263 S Adams Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
WaterfordGrades: PK-12 | 604 students
5495 Dixie Hwy
Waterford, MI 48329
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 60 students
1812 S. Rochester Rd.
Rochester, MI 48307
Royal OakGrades: PK-6 | 535 students
1621 Linwood Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Auburn HillsGrades: NS-PK | 65 students
3388 Five Points Dr
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?