Grand Rapids Christian High School
- Grand Rapids Christian High School's mission is to prepare students to be effective servants of Christ in contemporary society. Students, parents and staff are made in the image of God and as a learning community are committed to fully developing students' gifts in ways that affirm and celebrate each person.
- Our school environment conveys God's love and motivates students to understand and delight in God's universe, exploring old and new questions, governed by a Biblical perspective.
- In and outside of the classroom, what we teach and how we teach will focus on understanding our God, the breadth of creation, and how we must respond to God.
- Our Christian learning community is committed to excellence, where all students are challenged to develop and use their God-given potential.
- Students are prepared to seek to reclaim God's world through work and service.
Grand Rapids Christian High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||918 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics C, Statistics, US Government and Politics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,445|
|Tuition Notes||Families who meet income eligibility requirements are able to receive additional financial aid and reduce the cost of tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jana Hoglund|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventure Club, Chess Club, Eagle Eye Newspaper, Embers Yearbook, Forensics, Girls 620, Improv Team, Mens Group, National Honor Society (NHS), Peer Listeners, Pray & Play, Puzzle Club, Quiz Bowl, Rotary Club, Science Olympiad, SEEDS (Students Educating Each other about Diversity), Student Ambassadors, Student Congress, Young Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Fall Musical, Gospel Choir, Jazz Band, One Act Play, Spring Play
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ada Grades: K-8 | 590 students
6206 Ada Dr SE
Ada, MI 49301
(616)676-1289 5.8 K-8
- Wyoming Grades: 9-12 | 189 students
2500 Newport St Sw
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616)249-8050 5.3 9-12
- Grand Rapids Grades: PK-12
3101 Leonard Street, NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
(616)942-0350 4.6 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.