Catholic Central High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Detroit Catholic Central High School is the largest Catholic High School in the state of Michigan, with an enrollment of more than 1,000 students.
- An all-boys college preparatory school founded by the Basilian Fathers in 1928, CC is rooted in the motto "Teach me Goodness, Discipline, and Knowledge" and sees 100% of its students accepted to college.
- CC is located in Novi, MI, and draws students from the entire Metro Detroit region.
- CC prides itself on its spiritual environment, its excellent academics, and its students` passion for extracurricular activities.
- The symbol of Detroit Catholic Central is the Shamrock, which honors the founding Fathers` Irish heritage, and its colors are Royal Blue and White in honor of Mary, Alma Mater.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1025 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP American History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English-Composition, AP English-Literature, AP European History, AP French, AP Latin, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, Honors Advanced Algebra, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 1, Honors English 2, Honors French 1, Honors French 2, Honors French 3, Honors Latin 1, Honors Latin 2, Honors Latin 3, Honors Physics, Honors Plane Geometry/Trigonometry, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish 1, Honors Spanish 2, Honors Spanish 3|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants, polo/oxford shirt, belt, sneakers acceptable)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,200|
|Tuition Notes||We offer multiple options for financial aid service. You must apply for financial aid. There are no book fees or anything else outside of tuition. Deposit is considered first tuition payment and is part of the total cost listed.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Jake Marmul|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Chess Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Outdoors Club, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boardercross, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Cross Country, Intramural Flag Football
- Catholic Central accepts male students who have completed the 8th Grade. To be admitted to the 9th Grade, students must take the STS High School Placement Test, and indicate Catholic Central as a choice of high school. An application is part of the formal admission process and letters of acceptance to Catholic Central are mailed out approximately six to eight weeks after each placement test to those candidates who qualify for admission. Admission to the 10th and 11th grades is based on subjects taken in the previous school and overall GPA at the time of transfer. Catholic Central does not accept transfer students into the 12th grade. Visit our website for more information on our admissions process.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DetroitGrades: 9-12 | 159 students
15325 Pinehurst St
Detroit, MI 48238
- DetroitGrades: 7-12 | 876 students
8400 S Cambridge Avenue
Detroit, MI 48221
- Bloomfield HillsGrades: 9-12 | 669 students
7101 Lahser Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
- CantonGrades: PK-12 | 562 students
43065 Joy Road
Canton, MI 48187
- WarrenGrades: 9-12 | 776 students
14600 Common Road
Warren, MI 48088
Catholic Central has exceeded our expectations in every way. The academics are second to none, and the academic as well as the administrative teams are also top notch. They are true partners with the parents and the students feel a strong brotherhood as part of CC.
- Posted by Parent - cbtru
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.