- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 249 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Of the hundreds of growing classical schools in America, only a handful are Catholic and among these are many "independent." Only a few operate under the guidance and support of their diocesan bishop. Sacred Heart Academy is an apostolate of Sacred Heart of Jesus parish in the Diocese of Grand Rapids and is dedicated to remaining faithful to the Magisterium, independent of external coercion by secular influences, and attentive to the best pedagogical practices. We accept no state or federal funding-even for lunch or technology programs-and consider our work one special way our parish lives out the works of mercy.We recognize that parents are the first educators of their children and that a school exists to serve the family in that vocation. We expect our classrooms to be extensions of the home, animated by the same spirit of love that recognizes the child`s individual dignity and needs. As partners in the formation of your children, we appreciate the responsibility parents have entrusted us with and remain steadfastly committed to safety, virtue, and excellence in everything we do.We are here to help young people know and love the Truth. And as our Catholic faith teaches, Truth is an incarnate person: Jesus Christ. Everything we do keeps this goal in mind. Our school exists to help families form the minds, hearts, and souls of their children into the heroes and saints they were made to be.Having ministered to the west side of Grand Rapids for over one hundred years, Sacred Heart`s ongoing commitment to academic excellence flows from the sacramental life of the Church. While growing in the love of what is true, good, and beautiful, students are formed and edified by daily Mass, weekly adoration, and frequent Reconciliation.Culture is the lived reality of a community. Through daily personal engagement with children and their families, we are promoting, preserving, and building upon the civilization the Church has given us over the past two millennia. By our mutual sacrifice and commitment, we bring the kingdom of God to our own small corner of the Lord`s vineyard.We strive to impart an education for a life well-lived, centered on truth, goodness, and beauty. Such a formation prepares students for their individual vocation and for the universal call to sanctity. Growing in grace and understanding, our students will evangelize our world through their words and deeds.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Sacred Heart Academy offer?
Sacred Heart Academy offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Soccer and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Sacred Heart Academy?
The application deadline for Sacred Heart Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
This school has been a God send to us. Their philosophy is that the parents are the primary educators of children and they work in partnership with parents to help develop the minds and hearts of their children. The curriculum is academically challenging with a focus on classical literature, Latin, recitations, writing, and character building while also building disciples. They celebrate mass every day and adoration on Tuesdays. The teachers and administrators are top-notch. I can`t recommend this school enough.
Endorse Sacred Heart Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.