The Potter's House
- The Potter's House provides a Christ-centered education to children of all ethnic heritages and income levels, equipping them to serve God and society to their highest potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||English Language Learners|
|Total Students||580 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared, solid-color shirt and black, khaki, or navy pants/skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per grade. Scholarships are available based on parental/guardian income.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Lopez|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Football, Gymnastics, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- We are a Christ-centered school, birthed in prayer and rooted in Scripture.
- We are committed to harmony among staff, parents, and students, united in prayer.
- We are committed to discipleship, students of Jesus teaching younger believers.
- We are committed to academic excellence, emphasizing the love of reading as a catalyst for life-long learning.
- We invest in school families, focusing on strengthening low-income, urban families through education and academic support.
- We are committed to ethnic diversity among students and staff because we believe God's Kingdom is most fully expressed when every tongue, tribe and nation praise Him as one voice.
- We are committed to the Roosevelt Park neighborhood and the greater community of Grand Rapids, working together with neighbors, non-profit organizations and businesses to encourage reconciliation and holistic success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Rapids Grades: PK-12
3101 Leonard Street, NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
(616) 942-0350 5.7 PK-12
- Wyoming Grades: 9-12 | 232 students
2500 Newport St Sw
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616) 249-8050 2.5 9-12
- Wyoming Grades: PK-12 | 361 students
2104 44th St Sw
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616) 532-8827 4 PK-12
- Grand Rapids Grades: 9-12 | 918 students
2300 Plymouth Ave Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
(616) 574-5500 3.4 9-12
Thank you for providing all the information of the foundation of the Potters house! I, too have a heart for praying , so this information touched my heart. At one time,twenty plus years ago God called me to be the prayer coordinator for Tri-Unity Christian School. Praying is such a key for a believer. As I was reading the pages , it was Love That I saw and felt. It was a Haven with the showing of acceptance! This was how I felt as well when filling out my profile for volunteering, and again when I was accepted to help out with the school mailing. Thank you! I am an outside parent! A new volunteer!
- Posted by Parent - Mary Martinovich