Benedictine College Preparatory
- Benedictine was founded in 1911, under the name of Benedictine College, by a group of Benedictine monks from Belmont Abbey in North Carolina.
- The name Benedictine is synonymous with Catholic values, academic excellence, leadership, and service.
- As a Catholic school, we believe in exemplifying and conveying the basic tenets and values of the Faith.
- They should guide our conduct in everyday life. As an academic preparatory school, our curriculum and standards are established to prepare our graduates for study at a quality four-year institution of higher learning.
- As a school for young men, we nurture esprit de corps, camaraderie, and loyalty to our school and each other.
- We want our young men to grow intellectually, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- To that end we expect our students to participate in a broad range of available curricular and co-curricular activities.
- As a military school, we are committed to developing skills in leadership, discipline teamwork, and responsibility.
- We also imbue in our cadets the unique set of traditions that link each generation of cadets.
Benedictine College Preparatory places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 8-12 | 500 students
3850 Pittaway Dr
Richmond, VA 23235
(804)272-5864 4.9 8-12
- Colonial Heights Grades: PK-12 | 159 students
16801 Harrowgate Road
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
(804)526-5941 24.6 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.