Benedictine College Preparatory
- Benedictine was founded in 1911, under the name of Benedictine College, by a group of Benedictine monks from Belmont Abbey in North Carolina.
- The name Benedictine is synonymous with Catholic values, academic excellence, leadership, and service.
- As a Catholic school, we believe in exemplifying and conveying the basic tenets and values of the Faith.
- They should guide our conduct in everyday life. As an academic preparatory school, our curriculum and standards are established to prepare our graduates for study at a quality four-year institution of higher learning.
- As a school for young men, we nurture esprit de corps, camaraderie, and loyalty to our school and each other.
- We want our young men to grow intellectually, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- To that end we expect our students to participate in a broad range of available curricular and co-curricular activities.
- As a military school, we are committed to developing skills in leadership, discipline teamwork, and responsibility.
- We also imbue in our cadets the unique set of traditions that link each generation of cadets.
Benedictine College Preparatory places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 8-12 | 508 students
3850 Pittaway Dr
Richmond, VA 23235
(804)272-5864 4.9 8-12
- Colonial Heights Grades: PK-12 | 159 students
16801 Harrowgate Road
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
(804)526-5941 24.6 PK-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.