Benedictine College Preparatory
- Benedictine was founded in 1911, under the name of Benedictine College, by a group of Benedictine monks from Belmont Abbey in North Carolina.
- The name Benedictine is synonymous with Catholic values, academic excellence, leadership, and service.
- As a Catholic school, we believe in exemplifying and conveying the basic tenets and values of the Faith.
- They should guide our conduct in everyday life. As an academic preparatory school, our curriculum and standards are established to prepare our graduates for study at a quality four-year institution of higher learning.
- As a school for young men, we nurture esprit de corps, camaraderie, and loyalty to our school and each other.
- We want our young men to grow intellectually, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- To that end we expect our students to participate in a broad range of available curricular and co-curricular activities.
- As a military school, we are committed to developing skills in leadership, discipline teamwork, and responsibility.
- We also imbue in our cadets the unique set of traditions that link each generation of cadets.
Benedictine College Preparatory places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Richmond Grades: 8-12 | 500 students
3850 Pittaway Dr
Richmond, VA 23235
(804)272-5864 4.9 8-12
Colonial Heights Grades: PK-12 | 159 students
16801 Harrowgate Road
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
(804)526-5941 24.6 PK-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.