Academy of Academic Excellence
5.00 (1 review)
- The Academy of academic Excellence began with a vision of a small schoolhouse environment that encompassed a tremendous wealth of learning strategies for Pre-Kindergartners to fifth graders.
- AAE offers gifted services With a low student to teacher ratio, the school seeks to identify and cater to the learning style of each student.
- Parents are gladly received as engaged participants in this customized learning process.
- The world is our class room. Math, reading, history, science, arts, music, physical education, and technology are not learned in isolation, but are fully integrated in the AAE curriculum.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average Percentile SSAT||95%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms on Tues. Thurs, T.shirt on Fridays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,500|
|Tuition Notes||includes swimming and tennis lessons|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Rita Busch|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Swimming, TennisBowling, Swimming,|
- "Intelligence is not what you know but what you do when you don't know" - Albert einstein articulated this many years ago, and his timeless observation best describes the formula for the educational paradigm utilized by the Academy of Academic Excellence(AAE) today.
- AAE enrolls students from Kindergarten through third grade. In order to provide students with a balanced education, Mrs. Rita Busch, owner and dean of the school, has created a curriculum that incorporates the most exemplary principles from a variety of programs in public and private education.
- AAE is committed to providing a learning environment that:
- encourages curiosity, li>supports thinking "outside the box", li>promotes creativity in art and writing, li>exposes children to unique, new ideas, li>rewards good citizenship, li>teaches leadership and problem-solving skills, and, li>helps develop an insatiable love of learning.
- AAE seeks to delicately weave all the educational areas together by joining master atisans, students, faculty, family and the community with the unique vision of the school. AAE embraces cultural diversity and celebrates its many international and multi-faith students by sharing in learning about their heritage, customs and traditions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HenricoGrades: K-12 | 43 students
3294 Britton Rd
Henrico, VA 23231
- RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 168 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
- ChesterfieldGrades: K-12 | 243 students
6511 Belmont Rd.
Chesterfield, VA 23832
- RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 129 students
1301 Robin Hood Road
Richmond, VA 23227
- HenricoGrades: PK-12
11600 Gayton Rd
Henrico, VA 23238
As a parent of a 5 yr old attending this school, I could not be happier. The teachers at this school know how to motivate, stimulate and challenge the kids. The kids are exposed to languages, art, music, yoga, and they tailor the lessons to each kids ability. Kudos to the awesome teachers at AAE.
- Posted by Parent - rajes
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.