Academy of Academic Excellence
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Academy of academic Excellence began with a vision of a small schoolhouse environment that encompassed a tremendous wealth of learning strategies for Pre-Kindergartners to fifth graders.
- AAE offers gifted services With a low student to teacher ratio, the school seeks to identify and cater to the learning style of each student.
- Parents are gladly received as engaged participants in this customized learning process.
- The world is our class room. Math, reading, history, science, arts, music, physical education, and technology are not learned in isolation, but are fully integrated in the AAE curriculum.
Academy of Academic Excellence places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average Percentile SSAT||95%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms on Tues. Thurs, T.shirt on Fridays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,500|
|Tuition Notes||includes swimming and tennis lessons|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Rita Busch|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Swimming, TennisBowling, Swimming,|
- "Intelligence is not what you know but what you do when you don't know" - Albert einstein articulated this many years ago, and his timeless observation best describes the formula for the educational paradigm utilized by the Academy of Academic Excellence(AAE) today.
- AAE enrolls students from Kindergarten through third grade. In order to provide students with a balanced education, Mrs. Rita Busch, owner and dean of the school, has created a curriculum that incorporates the most exemplary principles from a variety of programs in public and private education.
- AAE is committed to providing a learning environment that:
- encourages curiosity, li>supports thinking "outside the box", li>promotes creativity in art and writing, li>exposes children to unique, new ideas, li>rewards good citizenship, li>teaches leadership and problem-solving skills, and, li>helps develop an insatiable love of learning.
- AAE seeks to delicately weave all the educational areas together by joining master atisans, students, faculty, family and the community with the unique vision of the school. AAE embraces cultural diversity and celebrates its many international and multi-faith students by sharing in learning about their heritage, customs and traditions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
(804)644-5550 15.6 PK-12
We absolutely love AAE. My 4 year old can't wait to get to school. The teachers are wonderful. The Dean is fantastic. The academics are unparalleled. I have a background and experience in the field of education. We chose this school because they meet students at their own ability appropriate level and then use visual, kinesthetic, and auditory teaching strategies to help them just soar. The teacher/student ratios are also incredible. We couldn't be happier!!!
- Posted by Parent - James
As a parent of a 5 yr old attending this school, I could not be happier. The teachers at this school know how to motivate, stimulate and challenge the kids. The kids are exposed to languages, art, music, yoga, and they tailor the lessons to each kids ability. Kudos to the awesome teachers at AAE.
- Posted by Parent - rajes
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.