Trinity Episcopal School
- Each day begins with a morning meeting; after the pledge of allegiance and a prayer, students congratulate classmates on their achievements, and the head of school greets every student on their way to class.
- Community, responsibility and individual attention-all in the first 15 minutes of the day. At Trinity, students can follow their dreams and discover their paths-in an environment where superior academics go hand-in-hand with the arts, athletics and the development of each individual student.
- Co-educational with grades 8-12, Trinity was the first Richmond school to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, a rigorous pre-university course of study.
- Trinity students start their day by swimming to school - 09/28/2015 - The event was conceived two years ago as a partnership between the varsity swim team and the Trinity Outdoor Program as "an RVA interpretation of `Bike to Work`." Interest in ...morethe aquatic commute has expanded and now includes other Trinity students who simply want to experience this unique mode of transit.Trinity`s campus is located a stone`s throw from the James River and makes extensive use of the city`s unique natural resource both through the Trinity Outdoor Program (below) and through outdoor education and sustainability classes in which student learn the history of the James River and skills like wildlife mapping, water-quality testing, and oyster harvesting. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||508 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||32 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,500|
|Tuition Notes||One full International Baccalaureate Scholarship and additional merit scholarships are awarded to rising 9th graders each year. The award is based on competitive testing, school transcript, and recommendations.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Margie Snead|
|Admissions Associate||Sam Mickens|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Mountain Biking, Mountaineering,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Maker, Anglers Club, Art Club, Battle of the Brains, Book Club, Chess Club, Culinary Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Fellowship of Christians in Universities, Feminist Club, French Club, Latin Club, Model United Nations, Operation Smile, Science Fiction Club, Spanish Club, Student Government Association (SGA), Students for Environmental Action (SEA), Sword and Shield, Trinity Spirit Club, UNITE, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella Choir, Jazz Band, Pach’s Place, Pep Band, Theatre Club, Trinity Arts Journal
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Robotics, Trinity Outdoor Program (climbing, kayaking), Volleyball Club, Yoga and Meditation Club
- Every morning, all 500 of Trinity's students gather in the Perkinson Arts Center theatre with the school's faculty and staff. The day begins with the pledge of allegiance and a prayer. Student leaders preside over the morning meeting and acknowledge all who wish to make an announcement. Students congratulate classmates on their achievements, and sports results are cheered. After the morning meeting, the head of school greets every student as they pass through the courtyard on their way to the first class of the day.
- Community, responsibility and individual attention- all in the first 15 minutes of the day. Imagine what Trinity can accomplish in a high-school career.
- Trinity is a school where students can follow their dreams and discover their paths. The experience provides an environment where superior academics go hand-in-hand with the arts, athletics and the development of each individual student.
- Co-educational with grades 8 through 12, Trinity became the first school in the Richmond Metropolitan Area to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, a rigorous pre-university course of study.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henrico Grades: 9-12 | 248 students
12829 River Road
Henrico, VA 23238
(804)708-9500 4.9 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.