Since 1915, Collegiate School has offered students an opportunity to meet high expectations of academic and personal excellence.
We are proud of our students' many accomplishments and grateful for the dedicated community of faculty, administrators, trustees, parents, alumni and friends who teach, coach, support and encourage them.
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 1,670 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Collegiate School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Collared shirts, no jeans)
(Collared shirts, no jeans)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Judicial/Honor Council, Newspaper/Yearbook, Service, Theater, various clubs and committees
- At Collegiate, we have set the bar high when it comes to the tangible aspects of the educational experience we provide curriculum, facilities, the arts, athletics, college counseling and more. We are a vibrant community of learners where students thrive on their educational journeys and in every aspect of life. Yet ask others and they will tell you it is the intangibles that set Collegiate apart. It is our understanding your child, getting to know the individual person and fostering each student`s unique spirit. It is the lifelong relationships formed with peers, teachers and parents that form a community which is at the heart and soul of who we are. We are preparing the next generation of creative thinkers and engaged, caring citizens. Collegiate is so much more than a school ... it`s a place that becomes a part of you.
Profile last updated: 01/07/2022
Collegiate provides a terrific education for our children. The teachers and administration have always been helpful. The facilities are almost too nice.To me, the best part of Collegiate is the other families who contribute their well-mannered, bright children. Peers have a big influence on kids (see, e.g., Freaknomics) and I can't imagine a better group of peers than my kids have found at Collegiate. It's a community worth joining if your family is able.
Endorse Collegiate School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.