5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1915, Collegiate School has offered students an opportunity to meet high expectations of academic and personal excellence.
- We are proud of our students' many accomplishments and grateful for the dedicated community of faculty, administrators, trustees, parents, alumni and friends who teach, coach, support and encourage them.
Collegiate School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1,670 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||191 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Junior Kindergarten - 16,730 Kindergarten and 1st - 22,470 2nd through 4th Grade - 22,910 5th through 8th Grade - 25,600 9th through 12th Grade - 27,500|
|Admissions Director||Brent Miller|
|Endowment Size||$63.7 million|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Judicial/Honor Council, Newspaper/Yearbook, Service, Theater, various clubs and committees|
- At Collegiate, we have set the bar high when it comes to the tangible aspects of the educational experience we provide curriculum, facilities, the arts, athletics, college counseling and more. We are a vibrant community of learners where students thrive on their educational journeys and in every aspect of life. Yet ask others and they will tell you it is the intangibles that set Collegiate apart. It is our understanding your child, getting to know the individual person and fostering each student`s unique spirit. It is the lifelong relationships formed with peers, teachers and parents that form a community which is at the heart and soul of who we are. We are preparing the next generation of creative thinkers and engaged, caring citizens. Collegiate is so much more than a school ... it`s a place that becomes a part of you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 8-12 | 508 students
3850 Pittaway Dr
Richmond, VA 23235
(804)272-5864 2.1 8-12
- Charlottesville Grades: 8-12 | 169 students
1000 Samuel Miller Loop
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)823-4805 67.8 8-12
Collegiate provides a terrific education for our children. The teachers and administration have always been helpful. The facilities are almost too nice.To me, the best part of Collegiate is the other families who contribute their well-mannered, bright children. Peers have a big influence on kids (see, e.g., Freaknomics) and I can't imagine a better group of peers than my kids have found at Collegiate. It's a community worth joining if your family is able.
- Posted by Parent - Cougar Parent
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.