Since 1915, Collegiate School has offered students an opportunity to meet high expectations of academic and personal excellence.
We are proud of our students' many accomplishments and grateful for the dedicated community of faculty, administrators, trustees, parents, alumni and friends who teach, coach, support and encourage them.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,679 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / Mar. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Collegiate School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / Mar. 15 / rolling
See website for tuition information.
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Judicial/Honor Council, Newspaper/Yearbook, Service, Theater, various clubs and committees
- At Collegiate, we have set the bar high when it comes to the tangible aspects of the educational experience we provide curriculum, facilities, the arts, athletics, college counseling and more. We are a vibrant community of learners where students thrive on their educational journeys and in every aspect of life. Yet ask others and they will tell you it is the intangibles that set Collegiate apart. It is our understanding your child, getting to know the individual person and fostering each student`s unique spirit. It is the lifelong relationships formed with peers, teachers and parents that form a community which is at the heart and soul of who we are. We are preparing the next generation of creative thinkers and engaged, caring citizens. Collegiate is so much more than a school ... it`s a place that becomes a part of you.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Collegiate School offer a summer program?
Yes, Collegiate School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Collegiate School offer?
Collegiate School offers 18 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. Collegiate School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for most sports offered.
What is Collegiate School's ranking?
Collegiate School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body, Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Collegiate School?
The application deadline for Collegiate School is Feb. 1 / Mar. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 / Mar. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Collegiate provides a terrific education for our children. The teachers and administration have always been helpful. The facilities are almost too nice.To me, the best part of Collegiate is the other families who contribute their well-mannered, bright children. Peers have a big influence on kids (see, e.g., Freaknomics) and I can't imagine a better group of peers than my kids have found at Collegiate. It's a community worth joining if your family is able.
Endorse Collegiate School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.