Big Valley Christian School
- Since 1974, Big Valley Christian School has served as an extension of the home and a partner with the church in Christian education. From Preschool to High School, BVCS provides a Christ-centered, college preparatory education. BVCS is dedicated to encouraging all students to strive for their highest potential academically, socially and spiritually.
- We provide an environment where students can grow spiritually, learn to communicate effectively, practice responsible citizenship, and become skilled problem solvers with the goal that each student will be a transforming influence upon their world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||745 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RiponGrades: NS-12 | 722 students
435 Maple Avenue
Ripon, CA 95366
- TurlockGrades: NS-12 | 715 students
1619 E. Monte Vista Ave./2323 Colorado Ave./2006 E. Tuolumne Rd.
Turlock, CA 95382
- ModestoGrades: K-9 | 257 students
501 W Granger Ave
Modesto, CA 95350
- ModestoGrades: PK-8 | 178 students
617 W Orangeburg Avenue
Modesto, CA 95350
- TracyGrades: KG-8 | 198 students
1790 Sequoia Blvd
Tracy, CA 95376
I have been sending my kids to Big Valley for many years now. My oldest had her first year of high school last year. We love this school! The school is run in a loving environment and staff is very caring. I have never experienced any teacher being apathetic or administers being dogmatic. My kids had a couple of years of public school and they say that this school is much better. They don't experience bullying or loneliness. Right away the teachers made sure my (elementary) kids had someone to eat lunch with. This gave them a chance to feel accepted and make new friends. This is compassion in action! I know my review may seem a little too pollyana-ish but it's all true. Is this school for everyone? No. Children with mental-behavioral issues might not make it here because they don't get federal funds for special ed. services. Although I know they do help children with learning problems/disabilities. If you are Christian and want an exellent education for your child this is the school for you.
- Posted by Parent - hutso
This is our first year at Big Valley Christian School and we are so glad to be there. The elementary principal, Michelle Mott is enthusiastic about the children, education and spiritual education. I am amazed at the amount of parental support at Big Valley, it makes larger sized classrooms be broken into 7 kids to one teacher ratio. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and provides very good communication. I highly recommend BVCS.
- Posted by Parent - detta