Bishop Miege High School
- Bishop Miege High School was established in 1958 by the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.
- We believe the responsibility of a Catholic school community in a democratic society is to provide as many varied opportunities for accomplishment and development as the individual student's aptitude, skills and potential will allow.
- We further believe that each student comes to us as a member of another community -- the family - and within that community resides the student's primary educators: his/her parents/guardians.
- We therefore include in our educational process the parents, as well as all others, who contribute to the total education of the student.
- Our educational objective is to serve all students who seek admission, in identifying their needs, to provide a variety of programs to serve those needs and interests, thus providing for a comprehensive educational process that fosters the development of the student as a whole person.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please inquire|
|Total Students||745 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Comp/Major British Writers, AP Government, AP Literary Analysis, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History (from 1877), AP U.S. History (to 1877),|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,975|
|Tuition Notes||Out of Parish $10,475|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Patti Marnett|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amigos de las Americas, Campus Ministry Team, Concert Chorale, Creative Writing Club, Debate, Forensics, French Club, History Club, Literary Magazine, MEET (Multi-Ethnic Educational Team), National Honor Society, Newspaper, Pep Band, Robotics Team, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Scholars Bowl, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Book Club, Student Council, Treble Choir, Yearbook|
- Miege offers the only three-year comprehensive ACT Prep Program with lessons built into the existing math, science, English, and social studies curriculums.
- 90-95 percent of our graduates are college-bound.
- In the past three years, each graduate has averaged more than $25,000 in scholarship offers
- Through the College Now program, Miege students can earn college credit before graduation.
- Miege draws students from a large geographic area because families recognize the educational value of learning to work together with students of different backgrounds.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LenexaGrades: 9-12 | 928 students
11411 Pflumm Rd
Lenexa, KS 66215
- Kansas CityGrades: 9-12 | 1100 students
9301 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
- Kansas CityGrades: 9-12 | 561 students
5600 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64113
- Kansas CityGrades: NS-12 | 1172 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
- Kansas CityGrades: K-8 | 559 students
5134 Baltimore Ave
Kansas City, MO 64112