Blue Hill Harbor School
Tel: (207) 374-5501
- Blue Hill Harbor School is a small independent high school approved by the state of Maine to accept public school students.
- Our individualized curriculum is based on the EdVisions education model featuring Personal Learning Plans.
- Our vision of the best possible secondary education is exemplified by that developed by the Minnesota New Country School, founded as a charter school in Henderson, Minnesota in 1994.
- This school has been named one of the best schools in the U.S., and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds the non-profit organization EdVisions, Inc. to replicate its success in other schools.
- There are currently over 40 schools using the EdVisions Model from coast-to-coast.
- Blue Hill Harbor School is the first in New England.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Private school approved for public funding from sending towns.|
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.