- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 331 students
- Yearly Tuition: $51,900
- Acceptance rate: 65%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / Jun. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- UNIQUE PROGRAMS
- Independent Study: Every 11th and 12th grade student in good academic standing is eligible to spend two to three weeks in February and March doing a self-designed independent study research project or a professional internship. Recent ISIP projects have included legal assistance, language immersion, marketing, music composition, graphic design, architecture, desktop publishing, jewelry-making, firefighting, elementary education, and volunteering with a medical mission in Ecuador.
- Alternative Course Contracts An Alternative Course Contract provides an opportunity for a student to take a course not offered in the regular curriculum. A student, in consultation with the Office of Student Services and a member of the GSA faculty, may design the curriculum and write a course proposal that will include a description of the course, goals and objectives, and the amount of credit to be earned.
- Arts Festival Every spring the students and faculty at GSA spend a week celebrating the Arts. Local artists come to GSA and conduct dozens of workshops in the arts: dance, music, film, painting, poetry, creative writing, woodworking, metal-tooling, photography, and more. Students participate in arts workshops during the mornings, and enjoy all-school arts performances in the afternoons. All students are encouraged to join workshops.
- Ocean Studies/Maine Skippers program-Hands on interactive study of Maine's ocean and waterways environment. Project based along with academic study.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does George Stevens Academy cost?
What is the acceptance rate of George Stevens Academy?
What sports does George Stevens Academy offer?
What is George Stevens Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for George Stevens Academy?
Endorse George Stevens Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards