Poland Spring Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (207) 998-4566
- Poland Spring Academy is a small private school locatedon120 acres in Poland, Maine.
- Our school mission and focus is to provide an individualized education to meet each student`sneeds.
- We offer many different programs to accommodate different lifestyles and educational requirements, from Wilderness Survival to print design.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences of various types|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pk - $3500, k-2 $4000, 3-5 $4500, 6-12 $5000|
National avg.: 85%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blue Hill Grades: 9-12 | 28 students
8 Mill Street
Blue Hill, ME 04614
(207) 374-5501 90.3 9-12
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 149 students
856 Brighton Ave
Portland, ME 04102
(207) 772-8689 27.6 PK-8
The staff at PSA genuinely care about the characteristic, emotional, and educational growth of each student. This school provides a safe place for students with different backgrounds and personalities to come together for this growth. I recommend this school to anyone searching for a curriculum which appropriately challenges each individual and teachers who help to gives the nurturing foundation each child fundamentally needs.
- Posted by Parent - faith
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.