Poland Spring Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Poland Spring Academy is a small private school locatedon120 acres in Poland, Maine.
- Our school mission and focus is to provide an individualized education to meet each student`sneeds.
- We offer many different programs to accommodate different lifestyles and educational requirements, from Wilderness Survival to print design.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences of various types|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pk - $3500, k-2 $4000, 3-5 $4500, 6-12 $5000|
National avg.: 85%
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blue Hill Grades: 9-12 | 21 students
8 Mill Street
Blue Hill, ME 04614
(207)374-5501 90.3 9-12
- Portland Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
856 Brighton Ave
Portland, ME 04102
(207)772-8689 27.6 NS-8
The staff at PSA genuinely care about the characteristic, emotional, and educational growth of each student. This school provides a safe place for students with different backgrounds and personalities to come together for this growth. I recommend this school to anyone searching for a curriculum which appropriately challenges each individual and teachers who help to gives the nurturing foundation each child fundamentally needs.
- Posted by Parent - faith
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.