Blue Mountain School
- Blue Mountain School is a place where children are given freedom and encouraged to take responsibility for their own education - and they do.
- They play, learn, and grow on their own, in small groups, as well as in democratically structured group meetings.
- Every child of every age has a vote and understands his/her place in this family-like, and yes, fun environment.
- Blue Mountain School is a place where students are free.
- Natural curiosity, democracy and freedom with responsibility are the foundation the school is built upon.
- Our students develop into well-adjusted, self-motivated adults who are equipped to participate as citizens of a democratic society.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school, and preschool to Blue Mountain School is Pathway Christian Academy (14.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Radford Grades: NS-PK
1511 Tyler Ave
Radford, VA 24141
(540)838-2408 18.9 NS-PK
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.