- Bonnie Academy provides a safe and nurturing environment, which promotes the physical, social, emotional and cognitive and creative development of young children.
- We believe that a developmentally appropriate program should be provided for all children.
- A developmental program is one in which the curriculum is geared to the age appropriateness of children as well as individual maturational difference.
- Learning in young children is a result of interaction between the childs thoughts and experiences with his or her environment.
- Our programs aim is to provide for the whole child.
- We believe that the role of our teachers is to facilitate the optimum social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of each child by being aware of the various stages of development and providing the appropriate learning experiences.
- At Bonnie Academy, play is recognized as the natural vehicle by which a child learns.
- It is through play that the child exercises curiosity and imagination, learns to concentrate, tries new ideas and practices grown-up behavior.
- The value of play cannot be overstated. Children must also be allowed to move about in an environment, which offers a variety of attractive, stimulating and interesting activities.
- Giving ample opportunity to make choices benefits children by enhancing self-esteem, encouraging independence and developing a sense of responsibility for his or her own actions.
- Our goal is to provide a quality educational program balanced with a developmental approach to nurture the development of the whole child. This requires a physically safe and emotionally secure setting where children can explore and experiment with a variety of hands on materials.
- We ensure a supportive, patient, confidence building atmosphere, which promotes physical, emotional, intellectual and creative social growth.
- These techniques are the solid foundation for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$177|
|Tuition Notes||177.00 per week for full time students.|
|Admissions Associate||Jasmine Kupelian|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Gymnastics, SoccerDance, Gymnastics,|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-2 | 72 students
413 W Doran
Glendale, CA 91203
(818)240-9415 0.4 PK-2
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 27 students
546 W Broadway
Glendale, CA 91204
(818)502-3388 0.9 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: K-12 | 215 students
1021 Grandview Ave
Glendale, CA 91201
(818)244-1617 1 K-12
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 48 students
1320 Glenwood Road
Glendale, CA 91201
(818)241-4560 1.1 PK-K
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.