Boys Home Photo #2 - Boys Home School offers individualized instruction, with average class size limited to 5 students per teacher. Often, students are able to "catch up" in their academic skills. For example, students using the Accelerated reading program, may gain up to 3 grade levels in one academic year.
- Ages: 9-18; Grades 3-12. A successful man has to start somewhere...and that somewhere is Boys Home School.
- Residential education program. Remedial focus for elementary and middle school - high school diploma goal for high school program. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring for all students. Summer program.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||4 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Residential Education. Fees based on a sliding scale considering family size and income. All students must first be evaluated for acceptance into Boys Home of Virginia program.|
- Boys Home School opened in 2001. Individualized instruction and small class size are maintained for optimal remedial work for grades 3-9. High school program is focused on computer-based instruction with class size averaging 3 students to 1 teacher. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring available tor all students by certified teachers and staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: K-8 | 101 students
3809 Patterson Ave
Richmond, VA 23221
(804)353-1110 139.5 K-8
- Richmond Grades: K-5 | 96 students
227 S Cherry Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804)648-4545 141.6 K-5
- Lewisburg Grades: PK-12 | 133 students
246 Grand Avenue
Lewisburg, WV 24901
(304)645-3797 22.6 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.