Boys Home Photo #2 - Boys Home School offers individualized instruction, with average class size limited to 5 students per teacher. Often, students are able to "catch up" in their academic skills. For example, students using the Accelerated reading program, may gain up to 3 grade levels in one academic year.
Boys Home Photo #3 - Students are encouraged to learn new study skills and to be successful in school, even if they have not been successful in their previous school setting.
Boys Home Photo #4 - Students reside in cottages on campus and work with their houseparents to plan and maintain a healthy and pleasing setting.
Boys Home Photo #5 - Spiritual life activities are planned throughout the year and students participate in planning.
- Ages: 9-18; Grades 3-12. A successful man has to start somewhere...and that somewhere is Boys Home School.
- Residential education program. Remedial focus for elementary and middle school - high school diploma goal for high school program. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring for all students. Summer program.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||4 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Residential Education. Fees based on a sliding scale considering family size and income. All students must first be evaluated for acceptance into Boys Home of Virginia program.|
- Boys Home School opened in 2001. Individualized instruction and small class size are maintained for optimal remedial work for grades 3-9. High school program is focused on computer-based instruction with class size averaging 3 students to 1 teacher. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring available tor all students by certified teachers and staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: K-8 | 101 students
3809 Patterson Ave
Richmond, VA 23221
(804)353-1110 139.5 K-8
- Richmond Grades: K-5 | 96 students
227 S Cherry Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804)648-4545 141.6 K-5
- Lewisburg Grades: PK-12 | 133 students
246 Grand Avenue
Lewisburg, WV 24901
(304)645-3797 22.6 PK-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.