Tel: (540) 965-7700
Boys Home Photo #2 - Boys Home School offers individualized instruction, with average class size limited to 5 students per teacher. Often, students are able to "catch up" in their academic skills. For example, students using the Accelerated reading program, may gain up to 3 grade levels in one academic year.
Ages: 9-18; Grades 3-12. A successful man has to start somewhere...and that somewhere is Boys Home School.
Residential education program. Remedial focus for elementary and middle school - high school diploma goal for high school program. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring for all students. Summer program.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Residential Education. Fees based on a sliding scale considering family size and income. All students must first be evaluated for acceptance into Boys Home of Virginia program.|
- Boys Home School opened in 2001. Individualized instruction and small class size are maintained for optimal remedial work for grades 3-9. High school program is focused on computer-based instruction with class size averaging 3 students to 1 teacher. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring available tor all students by certified teachers and staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: K-8 | 101 students
3809 Patterson Ave
Richmond, VA 23221
(804) 353-1110 139.5 K-8
- Richmond Grades: K-5 | 96 students
227 S Cherry Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 648-4545 141.6 K-5
- Lewisburg Grades: PK-12 | 183 students
246 Grand Avenue
Lewisburg, WV 24901
(304) 645-5747 22.6 PK-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.