Bridgeport Catholic Academy
- We, at Bridgeport Catholic Academy, believe that the purpose of education is to create a Christian community living the values of the Gospel in which the children and teachers are stimulated to learn, think, share, and develop individual skills.
- Our goal is that we become useful, productive, and active members of an ever-changing society.
- We believe that the role of the parent/guardian is to be the primary teacher of Christian values, working with the teacher actively supporting and encouraging their children in the learning process.
- At Bridgeport Catholic Academy, we believe the parents are an integral part of their child's educational development.
- We believe in fostering the teachings, values and traditions of the Catholic faith and in living that faith.
- We believe that opportunities for a variety of religious experiences are necessary to nurture one's personal commitment to God, neighbor and self, and to develop responsibilities to the Church and community.
- We believe that the role of the teacher is to encourage, guide and instruct the students in mastering the goals and objectives of the school curriculum using a variety of teaching strategies and resources.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Bridgeport Catholic Academy also viewed these schools: St Jerome School, British International School of Chicago, Lincoln Park, Cambridge School Of Chicago, Catherine Cook School and Chicago Grammar School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 142 students
2801 S Princeton Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
(312) 842-7668 1.2 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: NS-5 | 515 students
814 W. Eastman Street
Chicago, IL 60642
(773) 907-5000 5.6 NS-5
- Chicago Grades: PK-6 | 83 students
1014 East 47th Street
Chicago, IL 60653
(773) 924-1200 2.5 PK-6
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 266-3381 5.6 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.