Brightmont Academy - Birmingham
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (248) 430-3060
Brightmont Academy - Birmingham Photo #2 - "The One-to-One School. One student works with one teacher - all the time!"
Brightmont Academy - Birmingham Photo #3 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Birmingham Photo #4 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Birmingham Photo #5 - For every course, the teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and schedule.
Brightmont Academy - Birmingham Photo #6 - Students say that Brightmont is a fun place to come to school and that learning is enjoyable. Students appreciate that with the one-to-one instruction, their own personal interests can be incorporated into their learning and it makes it more meaningful for them.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school providing one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year, including summer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$900|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt. & Politics, U.S. History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time programs ranges from $24,500-29,000. Tuition varies by program and can be customized. Individual courses available.|
|Admissions Director||Annette Buchtrup|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 298 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 644-2722 1.5 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: 6-12 | 315 students
1051 Oakland Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 203-7300 1.1 6-12
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: PK-8 | 569 students
380 E Hickory Grove Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248) 642-6131 4.8 PK-8
- Detroit Grades: PK-8 | 12 students
Detroit, MI 48205
(313) 521-6228 14.4 PK-8
Brightmont Academy (BA), has impressed me. My child presented with situational depression after the death of her father and she could not manage some days to even get out of bed, and her previous school was not helpful in supporting her through this devastating time. The flexible scheduling and understanding that came from the Administration at BA was amazing. Teachers were eager to encourage successes and to gradually give more and more responsibility/school work while helping to get my teen through this difficult dark period. The school is equipped with staff that are concerned and compassionate, yet they do set educational goals and have expectations of the student. The curriculum is customized to the needs of the student and is rigorous enough to prepare them for college if they have elected that type of program. It is an educational model that exceeded my expectations and gave my teen a new lease on life. It is an extraordinary option for someone who is academically challenged, wants more of a challenge, needs various supports including emotional support and BA is a great alternative to homeschooling. I am fully engaged to support BA far beyond the years that my teen attends, as I think more people should become aware of the school and what it has to offer. It is a huge relief to know that my teen is fully supported, fully engaged and once again educationally successful at Brightmont Academy. I am enthusiastically pleased that I have the staff there working together with me to make this happen. FIVE STARS, without hesitation and well worth the tuition!
- Posted by Parent - MsK
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?