Brooklyn Jesuit Prep
- Brooklyn Jesuit Prep school, one of the youngest Nativity-model schools in the country, graduated its first class in June 2006.
- BJP began with an after-school program in the spring of 2003 and the Summer Leadership Program in Summer 2003 to prepare incoming students for the middle school.
- In September 2003, our first fifth and sixth graders started classes full-time.
- The school became a full middle school in September 2005 with grades five through eight and graduated its first class of students in June 2006! Both boys and girls attend BJP, but the boys and girls attend separate, single-gender classes.
- This method allows students to focus on their academics while providing them opportunities for interaction during the after-school program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: K | 14 students
787a Washington Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11238
(718)398-2322 0.2 K
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 91 students
260 Eastern Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(716)636-4573 0.2 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-5 | 56 students
836 Franklin Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718)774-2121 0.3 PK-5
- Brooklyn Grades: K-9 | 61 students
116-126 Rogers Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11216
(718)774-7743 0.4 K-9
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.