Our center is home to a family of dedicated, passionate, and hard-working teachers and staff members.
Together, it is our mission to create an inclusive, compassionate, and nurturing community in which your children can safely and joyfully learn and grow.
Our school is truly a home for all of the children and staff members who attend our institution each day, and we are excited to welcome you as the newest members of our community!.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the Burke Commons KinderCare! Thank you for the interest in our school. We provide care for children ages six weeks to twelve years of age on a full or part-time basis. We strive to help your child develop socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically. Each of our programs offers a year-round curriculum which fosters the needs of children. We welcome you to stop in for a visit. We are very excited to meet you and would love for you to meet our teachers.
- Here at Burke Commons KinderCare, safety is very important to us. Our front door, and only entrance, has key pad entry which requires a code to open. All other doors in the center exit into our gated playground area. Staff are required to be First Aid/CPR/AED certified and are required to complete our training before entering the classroom as a teacher. Many of our staff have Early Childhood Education credentials and all of our staff participate in continuing education classes and trainings to keep us up to date with the latest research in Early Childhood Education. In addition to the regular cleaning company, our teachers clean and sanitize the rooms and toys daily. We have a rigid pick up routine in regards to non-guardians of our students. In the event of an authorized pick up, we must be notified by the parent/authorized guardian and need to verify the authorized person's identity in order to release the child.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Yes, discuss on tour.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Burke KinderCare?
The application deadline for Burke KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Burke KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.