Cambridge School Of Chicago
Tel: (773) 924-1200
The purpose of The Cambridge School is to provide an accessible faith-based classical education founded upon and informed by a biblical worldview, which equips students to know, love and practice that which is true, good and beautiful, and which challenges them to strive for excellence as they live purposefully and intelligently in the service of God and humanity.
The Cambridge School emphasizes the individual learning approach to education. The school staff consults closely with you, the parent, in tailoring the program and curriculum to the individual needs of your child.
A flexible, individualized approach to education makes The Cambridge School a suitable place for students with a variety of learning styles and differences.
The Cambridge School offers a unique approach to education that combines the best teachings available in education from yesterday and today, including approaches developed in home schooling, classical education, core knowledge, and holistic experience-based classrooms.
The faith-based foundation of the school prepares students not just for further academic pursuits, but prepares them for life.
Our approach centers on the individual student, not a curriculum or specific method of learning.
The Cambridge School begins the educational process by assessing the student`s individual strengths and weaknesses academically, socially, and spiritually.
Envision your child in an exciting environment where children love to learn, learn to lead, and lead to serve. Envision your child speaking articulately with confidence, writing persuasively with clarity, and reasoning rationally with patience. Envision your child being a leader who stands for what is right even when all around him are falling for what is wrong. Envision your child entering high school and college with a foundation that will be with her for a lifetime. Now, envision your child at The Cambridge School of Chicago! LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/cambridgeschoolchicago.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School logo on Blazer, tie, slacks, sweater(vest), skirt, dress)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Our cost to educate each child, which is $10,700, has been funded in part allowing us to reduce our tuition to $6,000 per child.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Tennille Power|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cambridge, Chess, Cinematography, Computer, Culinary, Entrepreneurship, Math, Science, Scrap|
- *** In 2015, The Cambridge School was named one of the "Top 50 Private, Elementary Schools in the U.S." by thebestschools.org, an independent evaluation of top schools in the nation. ***
- The School offers its students an education that recognizes the Bible as the final authority in matters of life and thought. Students are encouraged to develop a worldview that integrates Christian faith with all areas of learning.The School functions as a nurturing community in which students are respected as unique individuals created in the image of God, each with special abilities and needs. They are taught by skilled and knowledgeable teachers who love children and are dedicated to helping them realize their highest potential--spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and creatively. Class sizes are small so that each student will receive individual attention and have abundant opportunities to participate and lead.The School takes an active interest in the development of its students` intellectual, spiritual, moral, and physical habits in the belief that early development of a disciplined lifestyle in the context of a relationship with Yeshua Christ will provide a solid foundation for a responsible and joyful life.The School offers its students a rich humanities, arts, and social studies curriculum that integrates the study of literature and the arts with the study of history and geography. Students come to understand the present and gain perspective on the future through knowledge of the past. They are warned of evil and error and challenged to live virtuously and nobly through the example of those who have gone before. They learn to think critically and biblically by evaluating the writings of outstanding thinkers of the past and present. They are encouraged to express themselves creatively in written and artistic media through exposure to literature and art.The School offers its students a mathematics and science program that enables them to participate knowledgeably in the scientific and technological discussions of the modern world. From the early grades the mathematics curriculum encourages mastery of concepts and skills that are foundational for advanced study and emphasizes the real-life application of what is learned. The science curriculum makes use of a hands-on approach which enables the students to acquire a solid understanding of the world in which they live through a direct encounter with the wonders and laws of God`s creation.The School offers its students a physical education program that involves them in a variety of physical activities and sports designed to develop their physical fitness, athletic skills, and character. The School offers many additional opportunities for learning in areas not covered in the traditional academic disciplines.In today`s society we are faced with a widening gap, separating people economically, academically, racially, and socially. A school organized by churches and Christians from different racial and economic backgrounds can help to bridge this gap, forging new partnerships and relationships that will glorify God and demonstrate the love of Yeshua Christ to the world. The Cambridge School is such a school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 415 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
(773) 722-4600 7.6 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 274 students
3700 S Lowe Ave
Chicago, IL 60609
(773) 376-6223 2.5 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 170 students
1240 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
(773) 542-0663 7.5 PK-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.