Cambridge School Of Chicago
The purpose of The Cambridge School is to provide an accessible faith-based classical education founded upon and informed by a biblical worldview, which equips students to know, love and practice that which is true, good and beautiful, and which challenges them to strive for excellence as they live purposefully and intelligently in the service of God and humanity.
The Cambridge School emphasizes the individual learning approach to education. The school staff consults closely with you, the parent, in tailoring the program and curriculum to the individual needs of your child.
A flexible, individualized approach to education makes The Cambridge School a suitable place for students with a variety of learning styles and differences.
The Cambridge School offers a unique approach to education that combines the best teachings available in education from yesterday and today, including approaches developed in home schooling, classical education, core knowledge, and holistic experience-based classrooms.
The faith-based foundation of the school prepares students not just for further academic pursuits, but prepares them for life.
Our approach centers on the individual student, not a curriculum or specific method of learning.
The Cambridge School begins the educational process by assessing the student`s individual strengths and weaknesses academically, socially, and spiritually.
Envision your child in an exciting environment where children love to learn, learn to lead, and lead to serve. Envision your child speaking articulately with confidence, writing persuasively with clarity, and reasoning rationally with patience. Envision your child being a leader who stands for what is right even when all around him are falling for what is wrong. Envision your child entering high school and college with a foundation that will be with her for a lifetime. Now, envision your child at The Cambridge School of Chicago! LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/cambridgeschoolchicago.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 83 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,000
- Acceptance rate: 93%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(School logo on Blazer, tie, slacks, sweater(vest), skirt, dress)
(School logo on Blazer, tie, slacks, sweater(vest), skirt, dress)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Our cost to educate each child, which is $10,700, has been funded in part allowing us to reduce our tuition to $6,000 per child.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Ms. Tennille Power
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Cambridge, Chess, Cinematography, Computer, Culinary, Entrepreneurship, Math, Science, Scrap
- *** In 2015, The Cambridge School was named one of the "Top 50 Private, Elementary Schools in the U.S." by thebestschools.org, an independent evaluation of top schools in the nation. ***
- The School offers its students an education that recognizes the Bible as the final authority in matters of life and thought. Students are encouraged to develop a worldview that integrates Christian faith with all areas of learning.The School functions as a nurturing community in which students are respected as unique individuals created in the image of God, each with special abilities and needs. They are taught by skilled and knowledgeable teachers who love children and are dedicated to helping them realize their highest potential--spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and creatively. Class sizes are small so that each student will receive individual attention and have abundant opportunities to participate and lead.The School takes an active interest in the development of its students` intellectual, spiritual, moral, and physical habits in the belief that early development of a disciplined lifestyle in the context of a relationship with Yeshua Christ will provide a solid foundation for a responsible and joyful life.The School offers its students a rich humanities, arts, and social studies curriculum that integrates the study of literature and the arts with the study of history and geography. Students come to understand the present and gain perspective on the future through knowledge of the past. They are warned of evil and error and challenged to live virtuously and nobly through the example of those who have gone before. They learn to think critically and biblically by evaluating the writings of outstanding thinkers of the past and present. They are encouraged to express themselves creatively in written and artistic media through exposure to literature and art.The School offers its students a mathematics and science program that enables them to participate knowledgeably in the scientific and technological discussions of the modern world. From the early grades the mathematics curriculum encourages mastery of concepts and skills that are foundational for advanced study and emphasizes the real-life application of what is learned. The science curriculum makes use of a hands-on approach which enables the students to acquire a solid understanding of the world in which they live through a direct encounter with the wonders and laws of God`s creation.The School offers its students a physical education program that involves them in a variety of physical activities and sports designed to develop their physical fitness, athletic skills, and character. The School offers many additional opportunities for learning in areas not covered in the traditional academic disciplines.In today`s society we are faced with a widening gap, separating people economically, academically, racially, and socially. A school organized by churches and Christians from different racial and economic backgrounds can help to bridge this gap, forging new partnerships and relationships that will glorify God and demonstrate the love of Yeshua Christ to the world. The Cambridge School is such a school.
Endorse Cambridge School Of Chicago. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?