Capital Day School
Tel: (502) 227-7121
- Capital Day School is dedicated to providing an accelerated and enriched curriculum that inspires academic excellence.
- By instilling a strong sense of responsibility to others and to one's self, Capital Day School promotes intellectual, cultural, physical, and social growth for each student.
- Capital Day School fosters a love of learning in a positive, nurturing, and safe environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Advanced Courses||5th Grade Field Trip - Space Camp Astrotrek®, 6th Grade Field Trip - Humanities - Language Art and Art, 7th Grade Field Trip - Social Studies, 8th Grade Field Trip - Science - Key Largo, D.C., Florida, Washington|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Lindsay Barnes|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||8th Grade Retreat, Chess Club, Community Service, Duke TIP, Governer's Cup, KUNA, KYA, National Geographic Bee, School Wide Interdisciplinary Unit, Science Club, Spelling Bee, Student Council, World Language, Young Authors|
- Capital Day School is an independent school for pre-kindergarten classes through the eighth grade. The school stresses the highest standards of academic pursuit and personal development. The academic standards are achieved through knowledgeable and stimulating instruction carried on in small classes, thus creating a caring atmosphere. A strong emphasis is placed on reading, mathematics, creative and expository writing, science, languages, and the arts. Personal standards are maintained through self-discipline and responsibility on the part of each student, a growing awareness of each individual's needs, and the understanding and respect of others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Georgetown Grades: PK-8 | 134 students
106 Military St
Georgetown, KY 40324
(502) 863-2607 18.3 PK-8
- Lexington Grades: NS-8 | 490 students
423 West Short Street
Lexington, KY 40507
(859) 254-9257 22.9 NS-8
- Frankfort Grades: NS-8
75 Shepherd Way
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 223-5041 1.5 NS-8
- Latonia Grades: 1-7 | 13 students
5235 Taylor Mill Rd
Latonia, KY 41015
(859) 431-9933 61.3 1-7
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.