Capital Innovations Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (530) 400-7619
Capital Innovations Academy Photo #3 - Our cast from ENOUGH, the Spring 2019 play. This script was written by Head of Education, Mrs. B, and depicts the challenges of a boy with autism, his sister with an emotional past, their mother and friends as they navigate life, always striving to be ENOUGH.
- Welcome to Capital Innovations Academy (6th-12th grade), a WASC-Accredited Sacramento Private School for ALL STUDENTS! Within our Small Classes, our student experience Big Successes. Join us today for a Middle & High School where Parent & Student Input matters.
- Students benefit from Individualized Instruction in College Prep Academics & an Extensive Arts program.
- They learn to Act, Sing, and Create Art & Music from professionals in the business as well as explore Internships & Career training in fields of interest.
- Not an Artist We also have an intensive science program where students participate in labs usually not seen until college & conduct real scientific field studies.
- CI scholars move at their own pace! Whether they are advanced and desire to Graduate Early or are falling behind and need alternative ways of learning and proving proficiency, we come up with a way to sculpt our curriculum to fit each child's needs.
- Students deserve to have ownership over their education, and we provide an environment where they can find out how they will have their own unique impact on the world.
- Set up a Tour TODAY to find out how your child can EXPLORE, INNOVATE, and INSPIRE as a CI Creative Scholar!.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||HF ASD, ADD, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$850|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||All Sacramento students aged 10-18 are welcome to join us at camp where they will hone their craft in acting, directing, playing instruments, singing, building sets, designing props, and more as well as learn about and experience science on our YSciT (Young Scientist in Training) lab days. At the end of the third week, our actors will perform a one act or a series of scenes on stage for an audience, directed by a student director. Our last week of camp is entirely focused on filmmaking and the students attending will write, create, and edit their own film/s to show on the evening of the last day of camp.|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Education in English (for College Credit), Advanced Education in History (for College Credit), Advanced Education in Humanities (for College Credit), Advanced Education in Math (for College Credit), Advanced Education in Science (for College Credit)|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Barbulesco-Lamb|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Dance, Intramural Sports Only, Martial ArtsArchery, Dance,|
Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Computer Programming, Dungeons and Dragons Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting Improvization, Drama/Theater, Fine Arts, Movie Making, Music lessons
- Our academic class sizes have a 10 student per teacher maximum with many classes having a 7:1 student to teacher ratio. Having smaller classes allows us to know each student as a person who has unique interests and needs. This is why our model of education works so well for students who are ahead of the curve, struggling, or moving at grade level. We meet each student where he or she is, regardless of age and have served students as young as 9 years old in the 6th grade. We formulate a learning plan for each student, specifically customized to the student`s needs based on the input of the student, parents, and teachers.
- The C.I. Motto: "Where Creative ScholarsExplore, Innovate, and Inspire."
- CREATIVE SCHOLARS: At Capital Innovations, each student is valued as a unique person with individual abilities, needs, and desires. Our staff serves to nurture our young scholars` hopes for the future by empowering them to learn the skills & knowledge they will need to reach their academic, career, and creative goals.
- EXPLORE: Our students do not only ingest facts but, rather, explore and experience their curriculum, both within the walls of our campus and beyond in the greater Sacramento area. We want our students to see the entire world as a place where learning can occur. Capital Innovations offers a variety of artistic and academic based majors where students can specialize in a particular area of study in addition to their academics. Young scholars leave our academy prepared for the workforce via our Career courses and Renaissance experiences.
- INNOVATE: The final product is always a priority with us. In addition to traditional assessments that will prepare our students for college and beyond, students apply their knowledge in hands-on projects, presentations, debates, and performances.
- INSPIRE: A strong tenant of our school is the idea of that we are a family within the larger community of Sacramento. We celebrate the achievements of all of the members of our school (faculty, staff, students, and their families) and inspire each other to put our finest work and best attitude forward each day by our own example and active support of one and other.
- We believe that direct communication with parents is essential to student success and are grateful to have an extremely active Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO). All parents are welcome to attend the PTSO meetings and/or to run for the PTSO Board. It is our commitment to always involve our students` families in the learning process. Since our teachers act as the school administrators, communication with parents and students is much simpler than in larger schools. We feel it is important to maintain a family environment where parents and students feel heard regarding their feelings about the school and the learning process.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rancho Cordova Grades: K-12 | 114 students
11111 Morgan River Ct
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
(916) 638-7755 7.6 K-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 1103 students
8324 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95829
(916) 688-0521 11.5 PK-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-8
2600 V Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 429-6055 3.2 PK-8
- Sacramento Grades: 9-12 | 1069 students
5900 Elvas Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95819
(916) 452-3461 2.4 9-12
This is my daughter's fourth year at Capital Innovations Academy. As a parent, I am very happy with the quality of education she is receiving, but more important in the overall scheme of things, my daughter is very happy. The small class sizes, one-to-one teacher attention, the emphasis on learning not just core class material, but building student self-awareness, self-esteem, self-confidence and self-reliance is what makes CIA different from every other school in the greater Sacramento area. Students have many experiential learning experiences, field trips, they are encouraged to research and lead class discussions, be critical thinkers, and to show loving kindness for each other. Parents are encouraged to participate in the school PTSO, school events, field trips and feel a part of the school family. I strongly encourage you to contact the school and find out more and set up a shadow day. That's what we did!
- Posted by Parent - Julie C.
Capital Innovations Academy is a wonderful place where kids and teens are allowed to explore their gifts to the fullest. They are challenged to be the best they can be without the pressure of a large school setting. It is a great extended family where everyone cares for the entire individual. Our son has blossomed into his own person: a caring, compassionate boy who has the ability to critically look at what is happening in the world.
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. Romais
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.