Courtyard Private School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Courtyard Private School offers an innovative, balanced instructional program that meets the needs of students Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade...Read More.
Courtyard Private School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$270|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$270 per week with daily rates as well.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact Courtyard for tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Joseph Piazza|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Krause|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Piano and Guitar
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance and Martial Arts
- Our Community
- One of our greatest strengths is our Courtyard Community. Our community consists of students, parents, educators, and caregivers who have come together to create a special place where children thrive. At Courtyard, both students and parents are known and their input is solicited, welcomed, and valued. Parents are very involved in the school and campus life and have many opportunities to be actively involved. Courtyard students experience service learning throughout the school year. They develop connections to their community through volunteer activities, fundraising, and planning special events.
- Located in midtown Sacramento, Courtyard School offers Sacramento area families a multiage educational program that features small class sizes, individualized attention, and strong core academics along with a broad liberal arts approach to learning. The rich learning program at Courtyard includes instruction in Spanish, drama, music, and visual arts as well as frequent field trips. Our all-inclusive tuition model covers the academic day, before and after school care, breakfast, hot lunch, most field trips, and camp during Winter and Spring Breaks.
- Courtyard`s innovative staff and involved family community all work together to develop young Scholars, Artists, and Leaders who can meet the rigorous academic challenges in top high school programs before continuing on to colleges and universities.
- Read More
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: PK-8
2600 V Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916)429-6055 1.6 PK-8
- Sacramento Grades: PK-K | 72 students
1123 D Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916)444-9072 1 PK-K
- Sacramento Grades: NS-8 | 246 students
6115 Riverside Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95831
(916)442-1255 5.5 NS-8
My son loves his school and his teachers. He has especially grown close with his homeroom teacher, Ms. Mattson, and his P.E. and after-school activities teacher, Ms. Jesse, even recently referring to each as his friend. I am very happy with my experience with Courtyard. I was looking for an enriching and loving environment to support my son as he transitioned from preschool. I could tell Courtyard had a special vibe when a student ran up and hugged Principal Krause during my school tour. I have watched my son progress from not wanting to hold a pencil to becoming a prolific artist. One of his favorite activities is writing small picture books that he then "reads" back to me. He has also become eager to volunteer for activities in class. Ms. Mattson provides an engaging curriculum. My son especially enjoyed the "world tour" where each month they learn about a new country including the USA, Australia, Italy, India, Japan, Brazil and Egypt. She had interwoven learning about the countries with language arts, math, science and art. I feel I have learned a lot as my son has come home with stories of his worldly adventures. As a busy parent I liked the all-in-one package with before and after school care included at the same location along with breakfast, lunch and snack. I felt the parent community is welcoming, and I have enjoyed the opportunities to volunteer and give back. Finally, I am so thankful for how Courtyard so quickly stood up the remote learning experience via Zoom. Each day there has been morning line, homeroom, Spanish, P.E., and Art to keep the learning to go. The support and communication has been great.
- Posted by Parent - Sean S.
Our kid has been attending Courtyard for 3 years now. We are so happy with the decision we made. Courtyard is a beautiful community where everyone knows everyone by name. Parents come together to help in any way possible, and students are happy and excited to go to school. I love that they are teaching kids how to adore going to school and with that method kids "scores" are above and beyond the mark in our city. Our kid loves to learn and go to school. Communication between teachers and parents is always an email away. I love that they are to engage with your kid even after school is over and it is a team/ community building strong leaders for the future. The school's tuition includes breakfast, Lunch, snack, field trips, winter camp and spring camp. Summer camp is additional but is by far one of the best prices in town and the activities and themes they offer has the kids interested and wanting to be at school all summer long. We can't wait for our almost 4-year-old to start school in September with our other kid.
- Posted by Parent - N. Coleman
Our daughter LOVES Courtyard! She started attending last April, beginning TK early. What an easy and awesome transition (from her preschool - she was ready for a change, so we started early great decision.)Caring staff and awesome teachers. We are both working parents so we wanted a: 1) Full school day (Courtyard goes to 8:30am to 3:30am), and 2) Engaging after-school care (we usually pick up after 5pm.)Check and check. Our daughter actually gets annoyed when we pick her up too early! She also gets annoyed when we take a family trip that spills into the school week. It's not that she doesn't enjoy hanging out with her family, but she also doesn't want to miss anything interesting at school. So we tend to target 3-day weekends so that she is not actually missing any of the fun action at school! We plan to stay for a long time and look forward to our younger daughter joining her here eventually, too.
- Posted by Parent - Brett Owens
Our son has been attending Courtyard School for five months and we are happy we have chosen this school! We started with TK last school years and our son is now in Kindergarten. This school is very different from many other schools in this area. This year, they have introduced a new multiage class concept which is amazing! As we just started at school, we heard about the recent changes in administration. Some families and teachers left the school in the past year. But we are sure that for our family and first of all for our child this is the right place to be. Despite the fact that our son has started school at the end of the past school year, we have observed a huge development in his personality. He has learned a lot and it makes him fun!Children in this school are handled as children, they are not forced to achieve educational goals, they are not trained to pass the test. Learning appears here as a natural process and a result of curiosity and play. They spend a lot of time playing outside and interacting with each other. Our son has so many new friends and he can`t wait until the weekend is over to see them again. Everyone in this school knows my son by name, he can go with his questions to any teacher, EDC stuff and even to principal and vice principal. As parents, we always can meet the principal or vice principal to discuss our issues. This school also offers before and after school care as well as summer camp. Aftercare program offers a lot of different activities for kids, it can`t be better. Our son loves his school and is always sad when it`s time to go home. And this is the most important thing for us! We can highly recommend this school! When we drop off our child in the morning we know, he is safe at this place and he will have fun. Amazing teachers, amazing principal, amazing staff!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.