Courtyard Private School
5.00 (1 review)
- Courtyard Private School offers an innovative, balanced instructional program that meets the needs of students Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade...Read More.
Courtyard Private School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$270|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$270 per week with daily rates as well.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact Courtyard for tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Joseph Piazza|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Krause|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Piano and Guitar
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance and Martial Arts
- Our Community
- One of our greatest strengths is our Courtyard Community. Our community consists of students, parents, educators, and caregivers who have come together to create a special place where children thrive. At Courtyard, both students and parents are known and their input is solicited, welcomed, and valued. Parents are very involved in the school and campus life and have many opportunities to be actively involved. Courtyard students experience service learning throughout the school year. They develop connections to their community through volunteer activities, fundraising, and planning special events.
- Located in midtown Sacramento, Courtyard School offers Sacramento area families a multiage educational program that features small class sizes, individualized attention, and strong core academics along with a broad liberal arts approach to learning. The rich learning program at Courtyard includes instruction in Spanish, drama, music, and visual arts as well as frequent field trips. Our all-inclusive tuition model covers the academic day, before and after school care, breakfast, hot lunch, most field trips, and camp during Winter and Spring Breaks.
- Courtyard`s innovative staff and involved family community all work together to develop young Scholars, Artists, and Leaders who can meet the rigorous academic challenges in top high school programs before continuing on to colleges and universities.
- Read More
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: PK-8
2600 V Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916)429-6055 1.6 PK-8
- Sacramento Grades: PK-K | 72 students
1123 D Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916)444-9072 1 PK-K
- Sacramento Grades: NS-8 | 248 students
6115 Riverside Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95831
(916)442-1255 5.5 NS-8
Our son has been attending Courtyard School for five months and we are happy we have chosen this school! We started with TK last school years and our son is now in Kindergarten. This school is very different from many other schools in this area. This year, they have introduced a new multiage class concept which is amazing! As we just started at school, we heard about the recent changes in administration. Some families and teachers left the school in the past year. But we are sure that for our family and first of all for our child this is the right place to be. Despite the fact that our son has started school at the end of the past school year, we have observed a huge development in his personality. He has learned a lot and it makes him fun!Children in this school are handled as children, they are not forced to achieve educational goals, they are not trained to pass the test. Learning appears here as a natural process and a result of curiosity and play. They spend a lot of time playing outside and interacting with each other. Our son has so many new friends and he can`t wait until the weekend is over to see them again. Everyone in this school knows my son by name, he can go with his questions to any teacher, EDC stuff and even to principal and vice principal. As parents, we always can meet the principal or vice principal to discuss our issues. This school also offers before and after school care as well as summer camp. Aftercare program offers a lot of different activities for kids, it can`t be better. Our son loves his school and is always sad when it`s time to go home. And this is the most important thing for us! We can highly recommend this school! When we drop off our child in the morning we know, he is safe at this place and he will have fun. Amazing teachers, amazing principal, amazing staff!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.