Tel: (916) 442-1255
- Brookfield School provides a challenging, comprehensive, accelerated Pre K-8 curriculum especially appropriate for bright and gifted children.
- French, Spanish, Music, and Computers are a part of our balanced curriculum beginning in Kindergarten.
- We emphasize a solid academic curriculum, oratory and presentation skills, international knowledge and understanding, positive ethical and social values, and critical thinking.
- Teacher-student ratio of 1:18 maximum allows a high level of personal attention.
- Optional AM and PM extended care with specialty workshops.
- Almost all of our students are accepted into advanced high school programs.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$580|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Four, two-week sessions|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||All inclusive, including care from 7:30 AM to 6PM|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Erik Boice|
|Admissions Associate||Jo Gonsalves|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Computer, Drama, Math & Science Clubs, Musical Theater, Speech and Debate
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Jumprope & Four Square
- Our Philosophy
- Brookfield School is a thriving independent, co-educational, college preparatory school, serving children in Kindergarten through eighth grade. The school is best known for its rigorous accelerated curriculum and emphasis on character development. Brookfield`s primary purpose is to prepare our students to become independent thinkers, responsible citizens, and effective leaders. To achieve this purpose, the curriculum is challenging and balanced, class sizes are small, and students are held to high academic and behavioral standards. Teachers are selected for their collegiality, professionalism, dedication to scholarship, and passion for teaching accelerated learners. The Brookfield community is proud of our diversity. We emphasize respect and understanding of each other`s differences. We welcome students of all religious, ethnic, and social backgrounds.
- Our Mission Statement
- Brookfield School is a learning community where children are nurtured and cherished. Our mission is to encourage and guide our students to develop to their fullest potential, both intellectually and socially. Academic excellence, civility, and good character are hallmarks of Brookfield graduates.
- The Brookfield Way
- The Brookfield Way is our path to success.
- Strive for Excellence...Show Respect...Be Kind...Be Confident
- Brookfield Expected School-wide Learning Outcomes
- Brookfield Students will apply critical and creative thinking to all subject areas. Brookfield Students will express themselves fluently and confidently in all forms of communication. Brookfield Students will be good stewards of the environment and humankind. Brookfield Students will be aware, respectful, and appreciative of diversity. Brookfield Students will be technologically literate and discerning of social media. Brookfield Students will be balanced learners, who include World Languages and Cultures, the Arts, and Physical Fitness in their daily lives. Brookfield Students will develop organizational, time-management, and collaborative skills.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 1103 students
8324 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95829
(916) 688-0521 11.1 PK-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-8 | 207 students
1718 El Monte Ave
Sacramento, CA 95815
(916) 925-1465 7.3 PK-8
- Sacramento Grades: K-8 | 326 students
3920 W Land Park Dr
Sacramento, CA 95822
(916) 448-5663 2 K-8
- Sacramento Grades: PK-8
2600 V Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 429-6055 4.1 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?