Sacramento Country Day School
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #2 - Sacramento Country Day School provides a school environment that recognizes our differences as strengths and provides a diverse, inclusive and supportive community.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #3 - Sacramento Country Day School students share laughter and make life-long friendships while learning to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately - in and out of the classroom.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #4 - Sacramento Country Day School'ss Arts Program is an essential part of the day-to-day life of our students across the three divisions of our school.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #5 - With low student-teacher ratios, Sacramento Country Day School offers a highly-personalized educational experience that challenges students to innovate, and explore in a flexible academic program.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #6 - Sacramento Country Day School students are involved in their community and the world. In 2017, our students supported the River City Food Bank with donations of more than 500 pounds of fresh produce from our campus garden.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #7 - Physical Education is an integral part of a Sacramento Country Day School education to ensure that every child has the opportunity for maximum development in the psychomotor, cognitive, and affective domains.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #8 - Sacramento Country Day School's spacious art studio enable students to develops excellent technique and an appreciation for the process of art creation. Each fall, the school also participates in a National Art Honor Society Chalk Mural event.
Sacramento Country Day School Photo #9 - Sacramento Country Day School's Reggio Emilia-inspired Pre-Kindergarten program, infused with academic skill work, gives our students a great head start for Kindergarten.
- Founded in 1964, Sacramento Country Day School is an independent, college-preparatory, day school for students in pre-kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Country Day offers a dynamic, thoughtful curriculum that balances deep academic inquiry with ample opportunities for creative expression and the freedom to grow and develop socially and emotionally through relationship-building and play.
- Our mission is clear and simple: Country Day inspires intellectual discovery and engages a diverse community to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP Latin, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language & Culture, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1374|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 21 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: $18,600-$27,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hadley Keefe|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Vargo|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Founded in 1964, Sacramento Country Day School is an independent, co-educational, college-preparatory, day school serving students in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Sacramento Country Day is an intentionally small school with low student:teacher ratios that allow our teachers to build a personalized rapport with each of their students.
- From daily P.E. to world language instruction, from visual art education, including art history to our literacy reenforcing library program, our instrumental and vocal music program to our enriched approach to science eduation, Sacramento Country Day offers an unparalleled, well-rounded program that yeilds exceptional results: happy, well-adjusted high school graduates who know themselves and have already uncovered some of the ways their unique strengths and abilities will assist them in positively impacting the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 1137 students
8324 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95829
(916)688-0521 8.6 PK-12
- Sacramento Grades: 9-12 | 1166 students
4315 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95820
(916)733-3600 4.2 9-12
- Pebble Beach Grades: 9-12 | 559 students
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
(831)625-8300 140.6 9-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 284 students
6990 65th St
Sacramento, CA 95823
(916)391-3333 5.2 PK-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.